HAMPTON 2014 Season Starts NOW

uknoit2

Shoot Ididn't know who would start where last season, we had unproven skill kids everywhere. The coaches didn't even know,but as it turns out, they figured it out. It won't be nearly as hard this season, but still nothing is etched in stone. I'm just glad we're working as a TEAM once again. Seems as though we've got our 2ond wind. We've got great dedicated leaders, the kids just have to buy in and stay the course. Lazy is not an option.

Then was then and now is now...Mike saw last year what he had to work with and ended up pleased...As you say tho, nothing written in stone...Each kid will have to earn their positions and that exactly how it should be.

Edited by uknoit2

• 2 weeks later...

With etsu saying they're goin to recruit local, some of these kids could get a free education. The kid from Unaka just signed with them. Glad to see they recognize local talent. I believe that was part of the problem before.

That and trying to watch a fb game in the sorry mini-dome! Glad for the Ranger heading to ETSU...Also understand that a Highlander is signing....Both are studs and make Carter Co proud!

I know for a fact that Milligan doesn't want local basketball talent. When they get em, they won't play em. Not enough money round here for them.

I wouldn't want to play there just to be honest! Not slamming anyone that has, does or will...I'd sign with "open-league" first :roflolk:

I didn't know Mitchell had named a Coach ,but I did know Mike wasn't taking the job.Avery keeps trying to offer some sort of deal, but I don't see that happening either.I'm sure other jobs will come open, but hopefully, we'll keep both Mikes.

On a side note, I keep hearing that Pittman may out at Cloudland. I never believe any of the gossip until its in the paper. You hear this stuff every single year.

Pretty strong rumblings outta Lander land. Could get interesting soon.

Pretty strong rumblings outta Lander land. Could get interesting soon.

If they hire pujo , were dropping em from the schedule! If we have to play 2 carter county lunsfords in one season sheeesh.... that's just not fair. lol

Just kiddin there pujo. I like Coach Pittman. Im not around like yall are but outside lookin in he appears to be doin a good job.

If they hire pujo , were dropping em from the schedule! If we have to play 2 carter county lunsfords in one season sheeesh.... that's just not fair. lol

Just kiddin there pujo. I like Coach Pittman. Im not around like yall are but outside lookin in he appears to be doin a good job.

If they hired me, you would try to schedule um every week. lol. But I just heard they were hiring a new PE teacher and moving Coach Pittman, I'm not really sure what that means, This came from someone who knows whats going on.

Hearing pretty good things outta htown! Looks like we will be pretty close to fielding an offense and defense. Also hear there's about 10 or 12 linemen that can start any given time. Sounds like you'll have to work awefully hard to get playin time this year.

Several big kids with potential,it shou;ld be a battle for starting positions, We should have some quality depth and good skill people in every position. I'm optimistic.