Wayne County 2014

wildcat89

Big boys to tote the ball. Do you know any 40 times?

No but they're all fast and you got Turnbow that's about 185 that's run the ball hard this year and been catching some passes out of the backfield. You also got Mathis that's probably the fastest kid on the team but not very big but a great open field runner and return guy.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree. I would prolly say about 4.8, 4.9, but then again we have had some big guys that could run fast. #41 in '09 and #4 in '11 both ran about 4.7 and both weighed over 200lbs. On a good day, #4 could hit 4.6 on his 40.

sometimes you (very rarely) get some bigger guys that run real fast, but they are the ones that end up going to big D1, and seem to never come from smaller schools.  

sometimes you (very rarely) get some bigger guys that run real fast, but they are the ones that end up going to big D1, and seem to never come from smaller schools.

I think a lot of that comes from having to play on the line. WC has lineman this year that ain't much bigger than those backs. Being a smaller school don't mean the kids are less talented, just that they are fewer of them.

I think a lot of that comes from having to play on the line. WC has lineman this year that ain't much bigger than those backs. Being a smaller school don't mean the kids are less talented, just that they are fewer of them.

I like a smaller lean and quick D-line. They seem to disrupt things more unless you face a big O-line that can just mall people. We have that in UC. A big O-line. We also have some guys at D-end that are lean and qucik with some hogs in the middle at D-tackle. One of our big ole O-linemen is the Mid LB.. So we handle the middle runs pretty good and contain with the D-ends. Like you said being from a small school you play with what you have. A smaller guy can make a big boy look bad if he usues his quickness.

i know! believe me, I don't think I weighed 215 in high school and played center!  but, if you are 220-225 and one of the fastest on team you have a bad coach if they get put on the line!

Are we going to be able to tell anything from the jamboree scrimmage this Friday?  Sounds like you guys are shaping up to be right there with Humboldt, Columbia Academy, and us (all a distant second to UC).  

We held Community to 6 yards total offense and I know that doesn't mean anything.  Their coaches were telling each guy where to line up on kickoffs - they are in for a long season.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Are we going to be able to tell anything from the jamboree scrimmage this Friday?  Sounds like you guys are shaping up to be right there with Humboldt, Columbia Academy, and us (all a distant second to UC).  

We held Community to 6 yards total offense and I know that doesn't mean anything.  Their coaches were telling each guy where to line up on kickoffs - they are in for a long season.

who is playing?

Are we going to be able to tell anything from the jamboree scrimmage this Friday? Sounds like you guys are shaping up to be right there with Humboldt, Columbia Academy, and us (all a distant second to UC).

We held Community to 6 yards total offense and I know that doesn't mean anything. Their coaches were telling each guy where to line up on kickoffs - they are in for a long season.

You should be able to tell what we have but I doubt that coach Rice digs very deep in the playbook. I'm anxious to see that big lineman y'all have and how ours matcup.