Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Should be very interesting. Westview is ranked 5th in Donovan Stewerts top 10. Trenton and Huntingdon will both be top 10 in 2A and Union City will be 1 in single A. We will see how we stack up early in the year with the view and Trenton in 1st three games. I'd like to see us drop Fayette and pick up Murray or Mayfield. Both are close and always ranked in top 10 in KY

Guest hevyrevy1611

Murray may not happen anytime soon. I heard the radio interview where Keith was asked that exact question by Paul Tinkle, about playing his old team Dresden. He said No Way! Maybe in a scrimmage but not a game, he implied Lions too physical, too good, and didn't want to subject his new team to Dresden football. True. Now that was when everyone assumed Chad would be new skipper, but now we have another coach he may change his mind. Never hurts to ask. The Lion players and fans would definitely love it, no doubt a standing-room-only sellout! I would have said Murray earlier on my list, but didn't because I heard that interview, which Paul did while Keith driving to Murray to meet his new team for first time. No Dresden games was what he said.

Murray may not happen anytime soon. I heard the radio interview where Keith was asked that exact question by Paul Tinkle, about playing his old team Dresden. He said No Way! Maybe in a scrimmage but not a game, he implied Lions too physical, too good, and didn't want to subject his new team to Dresden football. True. Now that was when everyone assumed Chad would be new skipper, but now we have another coach he may change his mind. Never hurts to ask. The Lion players and fans would definitely love it, no doubt a standing-room-only sellout! I would have said Murray earlier on my list, but didn't because I heard that interview, which Paul did while Keith driving to Murray to meet his new team for first time. No Dresden games was what he said.

Might get what they want in the Jamboree this August.  They are both in the Henry County one.  But not sure who is playing who.  

Guest hevyrevy1611

I was told that Dresden will be playing Murray in the jamboree at Henry County.

YES! Woo WHOOO! Talk about a huge draw for fans ... with a playoff atmosphere! Dude! If that happens it gonna be a massive, wild crowd from Dresden! :D

This is what you posted about Chad...."Honestly you guys hit a home run with Chad. He wasn't hired at Dresden because he didn't buckle to the administration, he told them what he thought and they aren't accustomed to people doing that. He won't play games with parents or kids. You want to play and you better outwork the other kids at that position. Doesn't matter what your name is or what daddy does. " Derek sure won't  play games with parent, kids, or the admin.

Am I missing something? From what I read Ysoangry was talking to McNairy County folks letting them know about Chad because they have had issues with parents, etc complaining to the coaches when Lil Johnny's not getting playing time. I didn't take it as him comparing Chad to Rang at all.

Guest hevyrevy1611
:) I talked with a guy now working in Martin, he a former player and asst coach from Tillman HS in KY.. he says that is the team Dresden needs to test ourselves against! Seems they are a powerhouse, a Maryville + Trousdale County team combined. Him and a lady who heard our conversation, when she heard "Tillman" she also talked (along with this man) of how great they are in everything. I'll take their word for it. Maybe one day in future Dresden will be talked of in same way. Hope so!

Guest hevyrevy1611

I got to go to our community "meet & greet" at HS for new coach tonight. Coach Rang made a fine speech, food was great (THANKS GUYS WHO GRILLED IT!), I truly appreciate all those behind scenes folk who make such a thing happen! All in all it was a fine meeting imho. LUVED seeing returning players and meeting some of incoming freshmen. dude we got some big players! Time will tell how we do against the other quality teams we'll be facing. Hoping for best!