Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Guest hevyrevy1611

I didn't read all of this. Actuall I hardly read any of it lol. This is a completely different game. His parents are going to talk to the administration next week. You can't do that nowadays.

HA! THANK YOU for being the real-life example and embodiment of the truths I just wrote. You proved all I shared in this short but revealing post of yours.. which you wont understand since you don't read, ha, what 15 seconds is your max attention span for reading? ROFLMHO!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Hahahhaha. And so it begins. Don't stress it rang. I promise much worse has been said by other coaches there. Hahahaha. Powder puff football coming soon. Quit for that. My coaches whipped me around by my face mask to motivate. Coach just letting kid know he needs to step up. Would parents be happier with coach sitting him on bench and never saying why? It's tough love. Step up or get Pom poms. Lol

+1,000!!! HOOYAY!

Guest hevyrevy1611

I haven't personally met Rang yet so I can't say anything about him as a coach but I'm pretty sure other players that played for Hewett or the Hodge's would disagree with you. It's tough love. This is highschool football.....it's not pee wee football. Time to grow up & realize that not everyone plays or gets a trophy. He needs to step up his game & prove the coach wrong which is probably what Rang is trying to get him to do. If the player never makes anything more than the practice squad then guess what, he has still made a contribution to the team & made a difference. Any coach will tell you that it takes a great practice team to get the W's. Keep up the hard work Lions!

YES DTOWN! Great points, but it seems ProudLion can't read for very long, or maybe ignores what he not agree with. Both of which are signs of a strong mind and wise heart. Shut eyes, stop up ears, shout loud to drown out anyone but you, and go tell momma/ boss/ authorities, and by all means, QUIT when my feelings get hurt or I don't get my way. More earmarks of champions and achievers!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Going to tell on the coach is probably not going to improve his situation with playing time at all. As a matter of fact that will probably go over like a pregnant pole vaulter.

Now that funny right there y'all. :D

Guest hevyrevy1611

I'm gonna go tell my mama. Wahhh. Ref called penalty on me I didn't do. Wahhhh. Hahahaha

:D but just MAKE SURE when it all over with, you run away and quit! A noble tactic used by only the best of the best!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yeah I think Dresden would have been just fine if all our guys were there. I don't think you guys back down regardless. I think that's the tradition you have built. I think there is a little bit of meanness that you have and that is good and we need to get some of it!!!

I saw y'all getting mean, pushing back, with no let up or back down. Being competitive and "mean" is even ok for Christians, after all, Jesus gave us those two examples in Temple of him using whips against those corrupt religious folk and drove them out of His Father's house of prayer, plus Him standing up to, facing down, and walking through midst of angry mobs intending to kill him, several times this happened too. So yeah, Jesus was not a powder-puff weakling pascifist, but a manly man who didn't back down and commanded such respect that the toughest of the tough men dropped all & gladly followed Him. A Lord of lords, King of kings, Warrior of warriors, etc.. He is like us in all ways, and brings out our best by being the supreme example of these noble traits. I know that some Christians think otherwise, He was soft and effiminate and wallflower-ish, and being hard-nosed competitive ("mean") is not Christlike.. but I see things differently I guess. So wish the opponents luck before game, then in game rip their heads off, then help them back up, put head back on, and do it again. Ha! When game done shake hands, congratulate each other's effort and even go have coffee and cake afterwards comparing war stories and battle scars. Yes! Such is my ideas on Christian's being competitive in sports. But whadda I know, eh? :D

Saw this on another site. Couldn't be more fitting for this topic:

1. Parents- at the competitive level…
    Choices
    1) You meet with the coach and tell them that your kid deserves more playing time or
    2) You meet with your kid and tell them to work harder and figure out with the coach a way to earn more time.
    Which one is the best life lesson for the athlete?

I saw y'all getting mean, pushing back, with no let up or back down. Being competitive and "mean" is even ok for Christians, after all, Jesus gave us those two examples in Temple of him using whips against those corrupt religious folk and drove them out of His Father's house of prayer, plus Him standing up to, facing down, and walking through midst of angry mobs intending to kill him, several times this happened too. So yeah, Jesus was not a powder-puff weakling pascifist, but a manly man who didn't back down and commanded such respect that the toughest of the tough men dropped all & gladly followed Him. A Lord of lords, King of kings, Warrior of warriors, etc.. He is like us in all ways, and brings out our best by being the supreme example of these noble traits. I know that some Christians think otherwise, He was soft and effiminate and wallflower-ish, and being hard-nosed competitive ("mean") is not Christlike.. but I see things differently I guess. So wish the opponents luck before game, then in game rip their heads off, then help them back up, put head back on, and do it again. Ha! When game done shake hands, congratulate each other's effort and even go have coffee and cake afterwards comparing war stories and battle scars. Yes! Such is my ideas on Christian's being competitive in sports. But whadda I know, eh? :D

Hevy, I wholeheartedly agree with all of your comments. I spent 3 hours watching the game film frame by frame last night. Our offense was able to move the ball at will as you said but our run Defense stunk!! We had some good plays here and there but overall not good. I did notice that we had 3 to 5 eighth graders on the field at any given time on Defense. I'm sure they were very timid and scared as I know I would have been. That was a great experience for them and I think they will be key players for us when they are sophomores. Any word on Dresden's injury?

Back in the day.. if a coach or even teammate "insulted me", or said something negative, it was... ARRGGG! OH YEAH? I'LL PROVE YOU IDIOTS WRONG!!! .. them BAM.. barbarian beast mode time! It was reverse psychology type of thing that spurred me to try doubly harder. Perhaps there is more going on than you realize. Some folk, if they see you walking on water will say you only doing that because you can't swim.. meaning, don't be guilty of wrong assessments and unfair evaluations without all the facts, which you don't have and wont ever have. Give it time, see how player does, and the coach does. Ha.. I remember "old day" coaches literally pulling you around by facemask, cussing loudly in face with spit slinging everywhere, throwing handfuls of dust in players faces, running along and literally kicking fannies of slowest players during sprints, insulting you and every member of your family including your dogs... all firsthand witnessed or experienced. Little Johnnie, and his family and friends nowadays would never last five minutes in "old school" coaching. I say let it be, withold your knee jerk reaction and "final answer", patiently let time reveal all things. By the way.. winners never quit, and quitters never win. About anything. And whatever the challenge or obstacle (opponents, rough conditions, bad facilities, doubting fans, insults hurled at you by whomever, etc), the champion, braveheart fighter will overcome, deal with it all, and forge ahead seeking victory. Unless we playing where everybody gets a trophy, no scores kept, don't play too hard its all about getting along with others, ... that kind of league and program.. is that better? I am one of worlds best encouragers despisers of any type of bullying and belittling, but everything is not what I think it is, it may look one way to me and be 100% different. Giving benefit of doubt and allowing passage of time is usually wisest policy that gets to crux of matter before long. Hope this player swells up and rises to occassion to disprove his doubters, becoming all-district, even all-state, or at least try. Facing your giants is way to go, not avoiding them or running away. But whadda I know, I just a washed up old fogey from ancient times who is out of touch with today's world, a tired old worn out dumb hick from sticks. Yeah.. lets go lynch ths coach, burn his house down, horse whip him 40 times minus 1, tar and feather him then run him out into country and dump him there. That'll show him to get after any of our players! Is that better? :)

The more I read your post's, the better I like the way you think.