Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

aww shucks. thanks. I luv small town sports too. Moved from larger town/ school to smaller on purpose. Good bye city life, Green Acres for me! And in stands on Friday Nights there are TONS of crazy, proud, loud Lion fans, maybe not as many on this forum as TC but in stands we "represent". (<<< oops, I think I over 300 limit.) :) btw, I'll show my ignorance, (EASY for me to do, HA!), but on here, what does "bump" mean, and "hoser" when somebody uses those words? I not getting it. Clue me in please. :)

Guest hevyrevy1611

Thank you YSO for explanation! I would have never guessed it unless told. And I now know to never play trivia pursuit with you. It would be futile, I'd probably be embarassed. Ha! And hog, did you count the punctuation marks too? On my SMS counter that thingy also counts spaces between words. Include those? :) And righ•|• well crud, limit reached I guess. Adieu, Adios, Aloha (yes it means both hello and goodbye! Just a tad bit of trivia) :)

We are really beating a dead horse here. The schedule is made in two year increments and its set for 2014. Hey fanatic how will the chargers look this year? I know you lost some key seniors but I'm figuring you will reload pretty well this year. Like always, both lines will be stout because that is a Coady trait, from what I've seen.

We are looking very inconsistent so far this spring. Got a couple of players hurt, a couple of players out of position, but we have a good core coming back. I don't see the #5 ranking from the one Sports beat, but I'd say we should compete. Looking forward to the summer scrimmage before the jamboree. We always seem to start slow and gel as we go along. Waiting to see who are going to be the playmakers come fall.....still to be seen.

aww shucks. thanks. I luv small town sports too. Moved from larger town/ school to smaller on purpose. Good bye city life, Green Acres for me! And in stands on Friday Nights there are TONS of crazy, proud, loud Lion fans, maybe not as many on this forum as TC but in stands we "represent". (<<< oops, I think I over 300 limit.) :) btw, I'll show my ignorance, (EASY for me to do, HA!), but on here, what does "bump" mean, and "hoser" when somebody uses those words? I not getting it. Clue me in please. :)

Bump is used when people want to move their topic back to the front of the coach T list. Just keeps the topic relevant. 

Hoser is a late 70's to early 80's sat night live reference to a couple beer drinking guys from Canada. I believe the skit and later the movie was "The Great White North". I'm guessing butchie started the reference cause he uses it the most.

Yes I'm full of useless trivia...........

"Strange Brew" was the movie title, it featured Bob and Doug McKenzie (Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas), and some idiotic plot to control the world through beer...not a classic, but those two were funny!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yeah hog, who wants tshirts, cups, tiny football, ha! sling some moon pies up here, or snicker bars... hey girls, throw us sumin to eat y'all! BRILLIANT!

I bow to the master of useless trivia!

Useless, yeah...master, no way! If only I could store data that would make my life easier, get me a better job, ect...but nooo, I get to remember meaningless little sketches of box office bombs, spaghetti westerns, and sitcoms from my youth!

By the way, sounds like your Lions will be just fine this coming season...best of luck!!!

Edited by tradertwo

According to Murphy Fair, the Guru of TN HS Football...

Dresden 2014 schedule is...

Week Opponent H/A
Aug 22 Westview NEUTRAL
Aug 29 Trenton Peabody HOME
Sep 5 McKenzie AWAY
Sep 12 Obion Co AWAY
Sep 19 Hollow Rock-Bruceton HOME
Sep 26 Union City AWAY
Oct 3 West Carroll HOME
Oct 10 Fayette Academy AWAY
Oct 17 Gleason HOME
Oct 24 Bye Week
Oct 31 Huntingdon AWAY
Nov 7 Playoffs Begin

Guest hevyrevy1611

YES! This is what I thought until store dude and that other site said otherwise. I looked on Murphy's today but couldn't find this info. I'll learn the digital cyberville ropes one day.. maybe. This is last years games but at opposite fields.. except Martin, where it same place, we both love playing on that college field! Keep Westview first game forever at UTM, which is Lions Den north field. ("NOT" say the Charger faithful!). Our home field will always be the Hog Pen.. (deeeep whiff now, LUV that smell!)

According to Murphy Fair, the Guru of TN HS Football...

Dresden 2014 schedule is...

Week Opponent H/A

Aug 22 Westview NEUTRAL

Aug 29 Trenton Peabody HOME

Sep 5 McKenzie AWAY

Sep 12 Obion Co AWAY

Sep 19 Hollow Rock-Bruceton HOME

Sep 26 Union City AWAY

Oct 3 West Carroll HOME

Oct 10 Fayette Academy AWAY

Oct 17 Gleason HOME

Oct 24 Bye Week