Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dresden looked pretty solid today at the scrimmage. Good way to start the year!!! Tuesday will be the true test

DITTO thoughts! I especially enjoyed everyone's enthusiasm, from coaches on down. It always fun at start of new year to see which players will be the motivational leaders. Lots of potential on this team. Lions seemed hungry! Keep working hard guys!

What time is the scrimmage at TCA?

5:15 at the Lions den! Lol. I hate I can't be there but hope that TCA is a good host to you guys. I watched our boys practice today and it's exciting. Have a key offensive lineman out until August with meniscus and key DE out until Sept due to ACL but otherwise healthy. Hope both teams leave healthy. Goldsmith is looking really tough. He's 207 and has gotten more shifty and faster. Dresden will have their hands full trying to stop him running the ball and of course the air attack is our main weapon. Dresden will be a good test for our defense as we are trying to get better. Last year run stopping was our Achilles heel. Have a safe trip to Jackson.

Guest hevyrevy1611

What time is the scrimmage at TCA?

I heard it starts @ 5.15 pm @ TCA. If it is same place I recall, and was where we were before, it is that back part on far end of stadium. Think its the practice field. Bring own lawn chairs. But the old fogey I am has increasingly foggy memory and I may be mixing up places we scrimmaged in past. But it IS at TCA at 5.15pm. :)

I heard it starts @ 5.15 pm @ TCA. If it is same place I recall, and was where we were before, it is that back part on far end of stadium. Think its the practice field. Bring own lawn chairs. But the old fogey I am has increasingly foggy memory and I may be mixing up places we scrimmaged in past. But it IS at TCA at 5.15pm. :)

Hevy, in the past we have scrimmaged on the main field but you could be correct. Either way they are next to each other.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well it's the eve of Dresden coming to TCA for scrimmage. I KNOW both teams are pumped for this... yeah it's "just" a scrimmage, but Lions wanna win, right? It just the nature of the beast, and the Lions will prevail. LOL. Like everyone, my BIG concern is NOBODY gets hurt, cause you know both teams will be popping each other. Strap up the pads extra tight teams.. hungry lions will be all over the place on the loose! Gonna be a great test for Dresden's young team and new coach! LUV IT!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dude! This was truly a great effort by both teams. My "impartial" and "balanced" assessment though was, even though TCA scored one more TD, with our new coach, Dresden's younger team going against the experience of the mainly intact returning TCA team from last year, and we played back and forth football and our D caused only interception with our O having no turnovers and moved the ball the way we did.. yeah, I'd say Dresden had the ultimate "edge" overall and may have surprised a few folk. I think we had a better showing than others expected. Both teams look like they will be a force to be reckoned with in their respective classes, TCA in 2A, us in 1A. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! :D

Dude! This was truly a great effort by both teams. My "impartial" and "balanced" assessment though was, even though TCA scored one more TD, with our new coach, Dresden's younger team going against the experience of the mainly intact returning TCA team from last year, and we played back and forth football and our D caused only interception with our O having no turnovers and moved the ball the way we did.. yeah, I'd say Dresden had the ultimate "edge" overall and may have surprised a few folk. I think we had a better showing than others expected. Both teams look like they will be a force to be reckoned with in their respective classes, TCA in 2A, us in 1A. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! :D

Hevy, as I mentioned on the TCA thread I wasn't there but have talked to 4 different dads about the scrimmage. Kudos to Dresden for smacking our line in the mouth. I understand the Northern Lions hit the Southern Lions in the mouth BUT I think it's important to know that 4 of our D Linemen and 2 of our O Linemen did not play along with starting Safety. This gave our younger boys a chance to play and they got smacked. That's a good lesson learned for those younger, inexperienced lineman. I think you would have seen a different defense with those 5 players there. We had 3 of those 5 on Saturday but 2 were out today for tennis and another to injury. The younger linemen have to learn to get mean like the Dresden boys!! Lol. We won't beat Adamsville( even without Neary) unless these boys get tougher in the trenches. Good luck to Dresden this coming year. I suspect they will do well!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Hevy, as I mentioned on the TCA thread I wasn't there but have talked to 4 different dads about the scrimmage. Kudos to Dresden for smacking our line in the mouth. I understand the Northern Lions hit the Southern Lions in the mouth BUT I think it's important to know that 4 of our D Linemen and 2 of our O Linemen did not play along with starting Safety. This gave our younger boys a chance to play and they got smacked. That's a good lesson learned for those younger, inexperienced lineman. I think you would have seen a different defense with those 5 players there. We had 3 of those 5 on Saturday but 2 were out today for tennis and another to injury. The younger linemen have to learn to get mean like the Dresden boys!! Lol. We won't beat Adamsville( even without Neary) unless these boys get tougher in the trenches. Good luck to Dresden this coming year. I suspect they will do well!

:D we actually knew y'all were "shorthanded" and laid off our full speed, full contact way of playing. HA! If your regular guys been in it would have been interesting to see what would have happened. But I gotta believe Dresden would have still been ok, and we definitely would've called more passing plays. LOL. Speaking of.. again, wow, TCA has got one supreme air attack. It something to hear about, another thing to see in action. Betcha we work on our passing defense! Too bad you not there, hope somebody made film of it so you can see scrimmage.. it was a good one.