Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

:D we actually knew y'all were "shorthanded" and laid off our full speed, full contact way of playing. HA! If your regular guys been in it would have been interesting to see what would have happened. But I gotta believe Dresden would have still been ok, and we definitely would've called more passing plays. LOL. Speaking of.. again, wow, TCA has got one supreme air attack. It something to hear about, another thing to see in action. Betcha we work on our passing defense! Too bad you not there, hope somebody made film of it so you can see scrimmage.. it was a good one.

Yeah I think Dresden would have been just fine if all our guys were there. I don't think you guys back down regardless. I think that's the tradition you have built. I think there is a little bit of meanness that you have and that is good and we need to get some of it!!!

Not that I have much involved in this discussion but I'll jump in. Dresden looked better than I expected. The obvious lack of conditioning in the off season showed its itself in this scrimmage. Dresden was way out of shape. Our pass defense was pretty bad. TCA qb had his way with us. The pass deep was there, across the middle was there along with screens and slants. Dresden did run wild on TCA and that's good for us. We had good runs up the gut and also outside which is good for us. Both teams had a chip on their shoulders and I think Dresden had the advantage there. I was impressed with both team but not ready to crown either state champs! Work to be done but very good start for both. Good luck to both!!

I was on the fence about this coach but now I'd like to see him gone ASAP. He told a player that he'd never amount to anything more than a practice squad player. you don't say that to a player no matter who they are or what they've done. This kid has put his work in for three years and is going to quit now. He never misses a practice and is never in trouble. Congratulations Rang.

Maybe he was trying to motivate him. You have got to have a thick skin to play football. I'm sure if coach Hodge had said it,  nothing would have ever been brought up about it. I don't know coach Rang at all,  but it seems people can't wait for him to fail for some reason.

Guest hevyrevy1611

I was on the fence about this coach but now I'd like to see him gone ASAP. He told a player that he'd never amount to anything more than a practice squad player. you don't say that to a player no matter who they are or what they've done. This kid has put his work in for three years and is going to quit now. He never misses a practice and is never in trouble. Congratulations Rang.

Back in the day.. if a coach or even teammate "insulted me", or said something negative, it was... ARRGGG! OH YEAH? I'LL PROVE YOU IDIOTS WRONG!!! .. them BAM.. barbarian beast mode time! It was reverse psychology type of thing that spurred me to try doubly harder. Perhaps there is more going on than you realize. Some folk, if they see you walking on water will say you only doing that because you can't swim.. meaning, don't be guilty of wrong assessments and unfair evaluations without all the facts, which you don't have and wont ever have. Give it time, see how player does, and the coach does. Ha.. I remember "old day" coaches literally pulling you around by facemask, cussing loudly in face with spit slinging everywhere, throwing handfuls of dust in players faces, running along and literally kicking fannies of slowest players during sprints, insulting you and every member of your family including your dogs... all firsthand witnessed or experienced. Little Johnnie, and his family and friends nowadays would never last five minutes in "old school" coaching. I say let it be, withold your knee jerk reaction and "final answer", patiently let time reveal all things. By the way.. winners never quit, and quitters never win. About anything. And whatever the challenge or obstacle (opponents, rough conditions, bad facilities, doubting fans, insults hurled at you by whomever, etc), the champion, braveheart fighter will overcome, deal with it all, and forge ahead seeking victory. Unless we playing where everybody gets a trophy, no scores kept, don't play too hard its all about getting along with others, ... that kind of league and program.. is that better? I am one of worlds best encouragers despisers of any type of bullying and belittling, but everything is not what I think it is, it may look one way to me and be 100% different. Giving benefit of doubt and allowing passage of time is usually wisest policy that gets to crux of matter before long. Hope this player swells up and rises to occassion to disprove his doubters, becoming all-district, even all-state, or at least try. Facing your giants is way to go, not avoiding them or running away. But whadda I know, I just a washed up old fogey from ancient times who is out of touch with today's world, a tired old worn out dumb hick from sticks. Yeah.. lets go lynch ths coach, burn his house down, horse whip him 40 times minus 1, tar and feather him then run him out into country and dump him there. That'll show him to get after any of our players! Is that better? :)

Maybe he was trying to motivate him. You have got to have a thick skin to play football. I'm sure if coach Hodge had said it, nothing would have ever been brought up about it. I don't know coach Rang at all, but it seems people can't wait for him to fail for some reason.

I played three year under Hodge and Hewitt combo and was a senior Hodges first year as head coach. I started 3 of those years. I know what it takes to play football. You neve heard crap like that from the Hodges or even Hewitt.

Edited by ProudLionFan

Back in the day.. if a coach or even teammate "insulted me", or said something negative, it was... ARRGGG! OH YEAH? I'LL PROVE YOU IDIOTS WRONG!!! .. them BAM.. barbarian beast mode time! It was reverse psychology type of thing that spurred me to try doubly harder. Perhaps there is more going on than you realize. Some folk, if they see you walking on water will say you only doing that because you can't swim.. meaning, don't be guilty of wrong assessments and unfair evaluations without all the facts, which you don't have and wont ever have. Give it time, see how player does, and the coach does. Ha.. I remember "old day" coaches literally pulling you around by facemask, cussing loudly in face with spit slinging everywhere, throwing handfuls of dust in players faces, running along and literally kicking fannies of slowest players during sprints, insulting you and every member of your family including your dogs... all firsthand witnessed or experienced. Little Johnnie, and his family and friends nowadays would never last five minutes in "old school" coaching. I say let it be, withold your knee jerk reaction and "final answer", patiently let time reveal all things. By the way.. winners never quit, and quitters never win. About anything. And whatever the challenge or obstacle (opponents, rough conditions, bad facilities, doubting fans, insults hurled at you by whomever, etc), the champion, braveheart fighter will overcome, deal with it all, and forge ahead seeking victory. Unless we playing where everybody gets a trophy, no scores kept, don't play too hard its all about getting along with others, ... that kind of league and program.. is that better? I am one of worlds best encouragers despisers of any type of bullying and belittling, but everything is not what I think it is, it may look one way to me and be 100% different. Giving benefit of doubt and allowing passage of time is usually wisest policy that gets to crux of matter before long. Hope this player swells up and rises to occassion to disprove his doubters, becoming all-district, even all-state, or at least try. Facing your giants is way to go, not avoiding them or running away. But whadda I know, I just a washed up old fogey from ancient times who is out of touch with today's world, a tired old worn out dumb hick from sticks. Yeah.. lets go lynch ths coach, burn his house down, horse whip him 40 times minus 1, tar and feather him then run him out into country and dump him there. That'll show him to get after any of our players! Is that better? :)

I didn't read all of this. Actuall I hardly read any of it lol. This is a completely different game. His parents are going to talk to the administration next week. You can't do that nowadays.

Hahahhaha. And so it begins. Don't stress it rang. I promise much worse has been said by other coaches there. Hahahaha. Powder puff football coming soon. Quit for that. My coaches whipped me around by my face mask to motivate. Coach just letting kid know he needs to step up. Would parents be happier with coach sitting him on bench and never saying why? It's tough love. Step up or get Pom poms. Lol

There is no game plan for scrimmages to stop passing attack or specific plays. It's a practice. Both teams would look completely different in a game. Score doesn't matter as much as intensity and basic skills. We will see how this team will play after westview game. Good luck lions. Ignore the Dresden drama queens.

I played three year under Hodge and Hewitt combo and was a senior Hodges first year as head coach. I started 3 of those years. I know what it takes to play football. You neve heard crap like that from the Hodges or even Hewitt.

I haven't personally met Rang yet so I can't say anything about him as a coach but I'm pretty sure other players that played for Hewett or the Hodge's would disagree with you. It's tough love. This is highschool football.....it's not pee wee football. Time to grow up & realize that not everyone plays or gets a trophy. He needs to step up his game & prove the coach wrong which is probably what Rang is trying to get him to do. If the player never makes anything more than the practice squad then guess what, he has still made a contribution to the team & made a difference. Any coach will tell you that it takes a great practice team to get the W's. Keep up the hard work Lions!