Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Guest hevyrevy1611

I too hope it Westview, but what got me looking was a manager at a Martin grocer, who got to talking football this week, he was adamant and certain we not playing Chargers.. I said we were.. we had a friendly banter back and forth. Ha! But he may be right.. YIKES! But if so, I would wager anything it is them dropping Dresden, not us hiding... since we can beat them now, their losing to us hurts them, and them beating us really doesn't help them in 3A ranks or status. Us playing them though, even if we lose in a tight game, and esp. if we win, that can only help us in 1A no matter outcome. So for them it is a lose-lose proposition, for us a win-win.. if that makes sense. All this discussion may be meaningless if we are playing them, which we were scheduled to do and the new/different teams for the 2 year schedule cycle are done after this season, right? (on TSSAA website it seemed to me that these schedules are binding contracts that can't be changed except for very rare circumstances that must be approved), so yes I do hope we play Chargers. We have LOTS of beating them to catch up to overall historic record between schools, something like 45 wins for Westview to 4 loses against us. Ha. Yeah.. Westwood, tragically, has near zero fan support (wasn't that a very sad sight to see their side of stadium that year in Memphis? Wow!). But IF we do good in August scrimmages against Dyer Co. & Lake Co. AND beat Murray in Jamboree.. talk about FULL stands in a Westview-Dresden game to see who wins.. whoa! Yep.. dumb to not have game, but... we'll see!

Can't imagine Dresden hiding from westview. That would piss me off enough to burn my lion fan card. Schedule should be set until after next season. Hope it's a typo

I haven't heard that over here. The only team we have "dropped" off our schedule under Coady's tenure is Henry County. We beat them when they were undefeated and the next year, they came in and beat us up (literally). That is the only team Coady has ever got away from. Hopefully, that is all just rumor. We need that game early...it helps us work on positional play and as of late "cut" blocks or what we call "chicken" football.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Online, at sperPxaM (read backwards) the 2014 schedules (which has only first game listed so far) for Westview, Huntingdon, Dresden, Westwood all match with same info, Chargers vs Stangs in WK 1, Lions vs Longhorns in WK 0 at UTM, which I was motivated to find out after the guy at SaveALot was VERY certain Lions vs Chargers is no longer going to happen, which he said folk in Martin knew already and he discussed with several folk. He a tall (say 6'3", or more) young-looking black guy, fairly dark pigment (mgr i think.. whenever i in store i always see him working everywhere doing everything, hustling after it too) who is in his 40's (don't look it) with his playing days done at Tillman in KY. But our dresdenfootball dot com site has us playing Chargers on the countdown clock (but that site not updated very often, been over a year, preseason 2013 is last time that site had current info put on it). I hope I am made to look silly and moronic (which is EASY to do.. ha!) because I have overlooked or misread something plainly obvious online, but dude at store got me on this search.. he was staunch and adamant "knowing" for certain no more Dresden, and his source is "all the guys he talked to at Westview games" to quote him, because I asked. Man I hope it all wrong and I appear silly, because Chargers & Lions imo would be a great 1st game traditional rivalry for decades to come (provided Dresden keeps up its winning ways, which I believe it will!), always a big money maker, and only drawback, to me, is it hurting Chargers in 3A were the Lions to win or be close, which to me would be the only "logical" reason to drop game from a football standpoint. Hope all this hot air and useless talk.. but that info is online, and dude at store, with his sources all "know" the game not happening. (I rubbing my genie lamp and lucky rock wishing game still on.. for many more years to come!). And yes, Chargers definitely do need to work on not "chop blocking", film shows this habit they have, but it is ok with some fans, coaches, and players I guess no matter who it hurts. Simple truth for all to see, watch the films. But Lions still luv to play Chargers and prepares with practice drills for this blocking tactic Westview uses (Obion bad about it too.. they had 9 guys of theirs thrown out of game last year! They obvious about it, not as slick as others), so yeah, interesting you bring that up. Hope Chargers do find a better blocking technique, but knowing the past I sure our team will prepare themselves for the inevitable, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of our players get sick of it after awhile and retaliate in kind no matter what coaches say about not doing it, these players get emotional too and seek payback I sure. It's human nature to do that in such cases imo. And before anyond gets panties in a wad screaming, if able to, just watch the films... if you can be unbiased, honest, and objective, even against own team, you'll see who doing what as far as blocking goes.. which, hey, if we did drop this game my speculation is that may be reason, Lions tired of our guys being badly hurt, and to get it approved to break the schedule agreement all they have to do is have TSSAA look at tapes (which I have no idea of that being done, just using logical imagination of how/ why the game would be dropped by Dresden and the change approved by powers that be) . So, der it is, backdrop to this confusion of mine, and my response to the brought-up topic about blocking. Methinks it gonna be a great year no matter who we play! Voting for Chargers in WK 0 though!

Online, at sperPxaM (read backwards) the 2014 schedules (which has only first game listed so far) for Westview, Huntingdon, Dresden, Westwood all match with same info, Chargers vs Stangs in WK 1, Lions vs Longhorns in WK 0 at UTM, which I was motivated to find out after the guy at SaveALot was VERY certain Lions vs Chargers is no longer going to happen, which he said folk in Martin knew already and he discussed with several folk. He a tall (say 6'3", or more) young-looking black guy, fairly dark pigment (mgr i think.. whenever i in store i always see him working everywhere doing everything, hustling after it too) who is in his 40's (don't look it) with his playing days done at Tillman in KY. But our dresdenfootball dot com site has us playing Chargers on the countdown clock (but that site not updated very often, been over a year, preseason 2013 is last time that site had current info put on it). I hope I am made to look silly and moronic (which is EASY to do.. ha!) because I have overlooked or misread something plainly obvious online, but dude at store got me on this search.. he was staunch and adamant "knowing" for certain no more Dresden, and his source is "all the guys he talked to at Westview games" to quote him, because I asked. Man I hope it all wrong and I appear silly, because Chargers & Lions imo would be a great 1st game traditional rivalry for decades to come (provided Dresden keeps up its winning ways, which I believe it will!), always a big money maker, and only drawback, to me, is it hurting Chargers in 3A were the Lions to win or be close, which to me would be the only "logical" reason to drop game from a football standpoint. Hope all this hot air and useless talk.. but that info is online, and dude at store, with his sources all "know" the game not happening. (I rubbing my genie lamp and lucky rock wishing game still on.. for many more years to come!). And yes, Chargers definitely do need to work on not "chop blocking", film shows this habit they have, but it is ok with some fans, coaches, and players I guess no matter who it hurts. Simple truth for all to see, watch the films. But Lions still luv to play Chargers and prepares with practice drills for this blocking tactic Westview uses (Obion bad about it too.. they had 9 guys of theirs thrown out of game last year! They obvious about it, not as slick as others), so yeah, interesting you bring that up. Hope Chargers do find a better blocking technique, but knowing the past I sure our team will prepare themselves for the inevitable, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of our players get sick of it after awhile and retaliate in kind no matter what coaches say about not doing it, these players get emotional too and seek payback I sure. It's human nature to do that in such cases imo. And before anyond gets panties in a wad screaming, if able to, just watch the films... if you can be unbiased, honest, and objective, even against own team, you'll see who doing what as far as blocking goes.. which, hey, if we did drop this game my speculation is that may be reason, Lions tired of our guys being badly hurt, and to get it approved to break the schedule agreement all they have to do is have TSSAA look at tapes (which I have no idea of that being done, just using logical imagination of how/ why the game would be dropped by Dresden and the change approved by powers that be) . So, der it is, backdrop to this confusion of mine, and my response to the brought-up topic about blocking. Methinks it gonna be a great year no matter who we play! Voting for Chargers in WK 0 though!

Delusional...lol    Westview wants that game scheduled every year and would put it on there twice if they could. Keep drinking your cool-aid, because you guys have about 4 years of "style of play" that will be catching up to you. You guys have a good coach and he should want to keep that game. It was supposed to be locked in for another 2 years....we really hope this is just a rumor as well. Great game and people pack these games. You guys bring a lot of emotion and horns, we bring a program. And to correct an earlier account, we've actually lost "I believe" 7 times in the history of our matchups, not 4. I vote as well.....Keep that game on the schedule year in and year out.

The schedule hasn't changed from last year. We will play west view week zero. The site this store guy is looking at also only shows us playing two games next year. Westwood at utm in august and Huntingdon in October. This guy is smoking something.

Rang or Coady would be insane to drop that game. Probably the largest non playoff gate of the year for both teams. After next year it could change but our schedule is set and not changing.

Chill people!!!!

The schedule hasn't changed from last year. We will play west view week zero. The site this store guy is looking at also only shows us playing two games next year. Westwood at utm in august and Huntingdon in October. This guy is smoking something.

Rang or Coady would be insane to drop that game. Probably the largest non playoff gate of the year for both teams. After next year it could change but our schedule is set and not changing.

Chill people!!!!

Concessions hopes they are still playing...lots of food sold

Chill people!!!!

Totally agree. Coady has been a friend of mine for many years. We will keep Dresden on the schedule as long as they are willing to stay on it. Whether we win or lose. It's just another game, but brings a great gate. We can't pick up teams around here to play and when we do have an opening, we have to go along way to find a replacement. That's why we used to have to pay teams from Memphis to come in and play. Never know what you are going to get, but you know you will be seeing some athletes for sure. The in-county matchup is always good and usually competitive due to the fact of everyone knowing everyone. The last 3 years has even made Martin folk wanting to play this game, after the two losses. It used to be a nice practice, but now it's a game. Hope they ink the deal again and even start traveling to Dresden to play over there. And by what I hear, it's consider a rivalry game by Dresden...which makes it even more entertaining.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yeah, having moved here a few years ago, I've discovered Dresden used to be everyone's easy win and homecoming, with a few good years thrown in whenever a batch of athletes came through. But now it appears we are on threshold of building ourselves a steady, solid program that is competitive year in and year out. Last group of former coaches turned things around, the middle school program is awesome and developing fine players they send on up to high school, and with our new coach having the right stuff to keep Dresden in its winning ways, it's exciting with high expectations. Haters don't like that Dresden has upset the historic natural order of things by now winning, but the wise schools know that it's better for everyone in area to have all area schools be successful in their sports. Brings in recruiters, families move in, even economic growth happens. The better programs love better competition, while weasel schools seek easy wins against inferior programs. Glad to hear folk wanting to keep Chargers vs Lions intact, that what I want too, but that guy and his crowd sure are convinced it not happening, and that other football site has only our first and last games down so far, which I do hope it's an error their having us play Westwood. It'd be easy to see the typo, similar names, us playing them in past, maybe typist from Memphis and opps, made that mistake. I am truly not trying to agitate or stir up, but seeking answers on contradictory info that's online, and told me, who that dude said the Martin folk he talked to was discussing it after last years game walking out of stadium.. they all saying no more Dresden, why we dropped them, who will they play now, etc. His opinion was not gotten from any website but was deduced from "whomever"- the crowd he was with and around after last years game. So he told me (which I doubted) but I went online to verify/ check his claims, and poof, there it is, what he said. Which man oh man, PLEASE let it be an error. Ha. Our upstart lowly 1A Lions need to test our mettle against the in-county 3A big boys Chargers. Maybe we can compete for a few plays. And Martin concessions mighty nice too. Stadium seating is high-falutin', so sure, us hicks from the sticks do enjoy coming to big city to play the big school. We even wash our clothes and cars before heading in town. Players wash uniforms and shine helmets too. Need to look spiffy! Yep, Lions vs Chargers etched in stone "forever". That my hope. :D

Guest hevyrevy1611
:D btw, have you heard, MURRAY vs DRESDEN on Aug 15 in Henry Co. Jamboree. It's the final Game 4. YEESSSS! :D And methinks Westview is going to annihilate Stewart Co. in first game! I'll be there making noise for our area's teams!