South Pittsburg 2014

Eraser

Guys, I would be glad to moderate these boards myself but I can't if you won't help by letting me know when a thread, or a comment in a thread, is inappropriate. And, most (if not all) of you know when something is posted that needs to be removed. Problem is usually that if you agree with a post, even if you know it is wrong for these boards, you let it go. Since there are two sides to every story someone is usually not happy.

In case you wonder, someone did alert me to this discussion today and I will be monitoring it.

Thanks Coach.  It's a shame that you should have to deal with this, but Jake is right.  The problem is not so much with what has been posted on here, but rather what has been deleted by someone.  Now, a whole thread about football in the Sequatchie Valley has been deleted.  I have not been able to find a moderator who will admit to deleting all of the posts and threads.  I have seen some of the posts before they were deleted and have had several of mine deleted.  Some probably should have been deleted teeheeju9.gif, but most of them have not been inappropriate for these boards and are more benign that things allowed in other threads.

Surely there is an audit trail that you can review to see the deleted posts and which moderator deleted them.  My personal opinion, for what it is worth, is that one or more of the moderators needs to be fired.

Mountaintroll, that's what I was trying to get at. I knew Coacht  was not deleting them but a moderator.  Most of the deleted posts  and threads were not offensive in any way. I have no problem with inappropriate posts  being deleted even if I do agree with them. Some things just don't need to be on here. I was hoping the moderator who deleted them would explain why. 

Coacht, I really enjoy reading and posting on this forum and appreciate all you do here. I had no intentions of insulting you and I apologize if it came across that way. I just want it to be fun again. :) 

Guys, I would be glad to moderate these boards myself but I can't if you won't help by letting me know when a thread, or a comment in a thread, is inappropriate. And, most (if not all) of you know when something is posted that needs to be removed. Problem is usually that if you agree with a post, even if you know it is wrong for these boards, you let it go. Since there are two sides to every story someone is usually not happy.

In case you wonder, someone did alert me to this discussion today and I will be monitoring it.

Goodmorning Coach....first of all, I will say thank you for this site,  I love sports and talking sports, and this is a great place.  I am from Blount County and support a 6A school, so I have no bias when I say that I am all over these boards and there is a very noticeable difference in the way SP threads are handled.  I am the last person that would condone anything profane, or anything that was calling out a kid by name in a derogatory way, but A LOT of the things that have been deleted had no business being deleted, IMO, unless the moderator is a fan of another school and the post didn't fit his agenda.

I know you appreciate your mods, as you should, but I am afraid there are some who have abused this little bit of power they have been given.....JMHO 

I bet Roy likes Cajun food washed down with Red Bulls and followed with hot cocoa and Fudge Reounds for dessert.

Will Roy be sellin' his buddy Murph's book in DaCajunToGo?

Will they have a picture of Murphy's Pole on the wall?

I would think some of our die-hard insiders might have a comment or two by now. Must be swearing over their grills. Go Pirates !

I bet Roy likes Cajun food washed down with Red Bulls and followed with hot cocoa and Fudge Reounds for dessert.

Will Roy be sellin' his buddy Murph's book in DaCajunToGo?

Will they have a picture of Murphy's Pole on the wall?

Yep crickets in here ! God bless all our true patriots and those who have paid the ultimate price for our continued freedom ! As one outside agitator would say, "I'm just keeping it real' ! Go Pirates !

Edited by bossbro