Wing T Offense is Not a 6a State Title Offense.

64NB95

Cyber tough guy huh? My address is 4455 old hwy 52 Westmoreland Tn. I hated that single wing for the 1 year it was in Westmoreland with the coach your probably referring to. I had nothing against the coach except his offense. No fun watching a team that can't get a first down. However, we did beat Smith co in a blinding rain storm that year. That's the advantage of the single wing. Come up and see me some time if you want and we can discuss more if need be. Portland's offensive scheme was a joke, I'm sorry to offend but that's my opinion. They had good athletes but couldn't use them because of their scheme. call me if you need to. My number is 633 1966. I'm not hiding just being honest.

Once again it seems simple reading comprehension escapes you. I said you should talk to the man face to face. You people in Westmoreland screwed a good man, who told you what his offensive philosophy was when he was hired. Plain fact.

Second, how many games of Portland did you see? How many practices did you attend? Those great athletes you mentioned made the offense work, or not work. Coaches can only do so much. Chicken salad does not come from chicken poop.

Once again it seems simple reading comprehension escapes you. I said you should talk to the man face to face. You people in Westmoreland screwed a good man, who told you what his offensive philosophy was when he was hired. Plain fact.

Second, how many games of Portland did you see? How many practices did you attend? Those great athletes you mentioned made the offense work, or not work. Coaches can only do so much. Chicken salad does not come from chicken poop.

Like I said, if you value my opinion that much, call me and set up a meeting and I'll enlighten you and him face to face if need be. I saw Westmoreland those few months he was here and it was ugly to put it nicely. Coach Kelly would have won more games with that Portland team this year. Wait, one game would have been enough though.

Portland's single wing did not stink last year when they made the playoffs. They did have some bad luck this year. I am thinking you just have a problem with one of the Portland coaches. But rather than man up and confront him face to face you get on here and run your mouth. Cyber tough guy is all you are.

If it didn't stink hire another Single Wing Coach and see how many people are sitting in the Stands.

Like I said, if you value my opinion that much, call me and set up a meeting and I'll enlighten you and him face to face if need be. I saw Westmoreland those few months he was here and it was ugly to put it nicely. Coach Kelly would have won more games with that Portland team this year. Wait, one game would have been enough though.

Your opinion isn't worth 2 cents. You should worry about Westmoreland, and let Portland folks worry about Portland. Coach Kelly is a good coach, no doubt, but he would not have won anymore games this year than the previous coach. Besides Westmoreland, Portland was outmanned every other game talent wise. If you don't think so, then that just proves you don't know football.

Good schemes and game planning can offset some of the talent differential. While the coach may be a great guy, the offense was terrible. 60 points in 10 games = terrible. It's not necessarily the formation, but the philosophy.

Sure, it's not all on the coach, but you have to be able to twerk your scheme based on your players and your opponent. It's not just at Portland. It's at a lot of high schools.

Good schemes and game planning can offset some of the talent differential. While the coach may be a great guy, the offense was terrible. 60 points in 10 games = terrible. It's not necessarily the formation, but the philosophy.

Sure, it's not all on the coach, but you have to be able to twerk your scheme based on your players and your opponent. It's not just at Portland. It's at a lot of high schools.

You are assuming that the Coaches of HHS and PHS do not scheme based on their players... but if you watch these teams play, i would say different. i watched both teams on several occasions depending on the location of games. PHS for example ran some spread sets and went under center to run what i thought was veer (could be wrong) they had 2 QBs but niether of them could pass very well... would it make sense to run spread? they had NO size at running back, would it make sence to run I offense?

HHS has a QB with a huge arm but recievers dropped several passes at that game as well as in the championship game. he did not have the touch pass, only a deep ball. would it make sense for them to spread it out only to go 3 and out becuase they could catch a 5 yard out.

i would bet that any of these coaches would be more than happy to sit down and watch thier films and talk football to explain thier reasons.

most of us would rather "act" like we know and discuss it here...

You are assuming that the Coaches of HHS and PHS do not scheme based on their players... but if you watch these teams play, i would say different. i watched both teams on several occasions depending on the location of games. PHS for example ran some spread sets and went under center to run what i thought was veer (could be wrong) they had 2 QBs but niether of them could pass very well... would it make sense to run spread? they had NO size at running back, would it make sence to run I offense?

HHS has a QB with a huge arm but recievers dropped several passes at that game as well as in the championship game. he did not have the touch pass, only a deep ball. would it make sense for them to spread it out only to go 3 and out becuase they could catch a 5 yard out.

i would bet that any of these coaches would be more than happy to sit down and watch thier films and talk football to explain thier reasons.

most of us would rather "act" like we know and discuss it here...

When your Scheme is a running attack you develop runners and blockers.  QB is kinda on the Back Burner.  When you make it a point to versatile.  You will spend Countless hours in season and off season developing a throwing QB.  Some Head Coaches do not have anybody on their staff who can develop a QB and some do.  If I was the Head Coach I would try to look all over the Country to find a good QB Coach.  I watched Jackie kelley spend Countless hours with his QB's while Coaching at WHS.  He could take average talent and get above average play out of QB.  It can be done.  Hendersonville's Passing attach was not a priority and it showed.

When your Scheme is a running attack you develop runners and blockers.  QB is kinda on the Back Burner.  When you make it a point to versatile.  You will spend Countless hours in season and off season developing a throwing QB.  Some Head Coaches do not have anybody on their staff who can develop a QB and some do.  If I was the Head Coach I would try to look all over the Country to find a good QB Coach.  I watched Jackie kelley spend Countless hours with his QB's while Coaching at WHS.  He could take average talent and get above average play out of QB.  It can be done.  Hendersonville's Passing attach was not a priority and it showed.

yet, another assumption that Coach Hatfield doesnt coach up his QBs. did you watch him like you watched coach Kelley? You know that Kelley is as by the book Delaware Wing T as you get right? how many State Championships did all that QB coaching get him? how many 2nd place Silver balls? i am also pretty sure a High School Coach cant coach football during the offseason due to TSSAA rules... i am sure Coach Kelley would not have broke rules during off season.

When Hatfield retires or moves on, HHS may wish the wing t would come back. "careful what you wish for"

"twerk" your scheme???  Miley Cyrus coaching with you??

Cyber tough guy huh? My address is 4455 old hwy 52 Westmoreland Tn. I hated that single wing for the 1 year it was in Westmoreland with the coach your probably referring to. I had nothing against the coach except his offense. No fun watching a team that can't get a first down. However, we did beat Smith co in a blinding rain storm that year. That's the advantage of the single wing. Come up and see me some time if you want and we can discuss more if need be. Portland's offensive scheme was a joke, I'm sorry to offend but that's my opinion. They had good athletes but couldn't use them because of their scheme. call me if you need to. My number is 633 1966. I'm not hiding just being honest.

Mr. Postman said here's my address and phone number.

That's some Gonads gentlemen.  Classic!

Mr. Postman, I'm a Portland supporter, but you have my support too.  I really respect lthe coach you are referring to and I think he is a great coach, but you are entitled to your opinion.  You know what they say, everybody's got one and most of them stink.