Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Let's not forget in the short amount of time York played in the east/west he threw a TD pass and had a couple of receptions. I guess those players were mediocre too, right? Now, I do agree they should have put the second team in earlier but with the actual backup hurt they didn't have a lot of options besides putting another starter in as QB. You can't force a kid to play a position they don't want to and expect him to be proficient at it, especially a position as important and demanding as QB. Now back on topic: with Philips, Butler, and two returning O line the offense should'nt have too many problems moving the ball. With the rest of the spots filled with mostly juniors and sophomores how efficient they'll be has yet to be seen. The defense is the real question mark IMO. Yes, they are inexperienced but they seem motivated and I expect them to play scrappy. But one thing is for certain: the lowerclassmen will be getting plenty of experience this year.

Let's not forget in the short amount of time York played in the east/west he threw a TD pass and had a couple of receptions. I guess those players were mediocre too, right? Now, I do agree they should have put the second team in earlier but with the actual backup hurt they didn't have a lot of options besides putting another starter in as QB. You can't force a kid to play a position they don't want to and expect him to be proficient at it, especially a position as important and demanding as QB. Now back on topic: with Philips, Butler, and two returning O line the offense should'nt have too many problems moving the ball. With the rest of the spots filled with mostly juniors and sophomores how efficient they'll be has yet to be seen. The defense is the real question mark IMO. Yes, they are inexperienced but they seem motivated and I expect them to play scrappy. But one thing is for certain: the lowerclassmen will be getting plenty of experience this year.

I will add that the Jr Vegas kid looked good at MLB verse White Co sso that should help the young defense.

Not that it matters...but he was average against good teams. The only ones the U played was ND & Alcoa. The U had their best team probably ever...SC had their worst team since 1996 & still was in the game in the 4th. The U left him in to run up the score on G'ville & DC for certain...and several others also. I really don't care...but it hurts depth for this year...did risk him to injury.

That was last year. York had a great season piling up stats. If Scott Dirkson had stayed in to pad stats...he would have easily had state records. You could say the same for many others. Ask Scott Smith if he still hears about leaving JP Shelly in to set a state record for TD's. He got barbecued for that. I don't think anyone the U plays this year has the capability to retaliate. The ones with class wouldn't anyway.

i don't think it was Smith worst team since 96 but one of their toughest schedules in a while and one fluke loss. ND had one of the best defenses in the state and York carried our team against them. The only team that made him look average was Alcoa and they make a lot of teams look average.

I don't know his name but i guess they call him Vegas, but from what little I've seen so far is he's not particularly big or fast but he seems to have a good linebacker IQ. I also don't recall seeing or hearing about the 6'2 300lb Franklin kid at any of the scrimmages. Have anyone else heard about him? I must've not seen him somehow.  :huh:

I don't know his name but i guess they call him Vegas, but from what little I've seen so far is he's not particularly big or fast but he seems to have a good linebacker IQ. I also don't recall seeing or hearing about the 6'2 300lb Franklin kid at any of the scrimmages. Have anyone else heard about him? I must've not seen him somehow. :huh:

Word from buddy is the Frannklin and the Twin brothers left the team and wanted to come back. Ben put his foot down and told them not till next year. They all three supposidly miss it and can't wait to come back. That's three good kids if true that will be back in the mix and hungry next year while they build exp with others this year.

Word from buddy is the Frannklin and the Twin brothers left the team and wanted to come back. Ben put his foot down and told them not till next year. They all three supposidly miss it and can't wait to come back. That's three good kids if true that will be back in the mix and hungry next year while they build exp with others this year.

It's a shame Franklin left. He's not fast at all but it's pretty hard to move a boulder.

It's a shame Franklin left. He's not fast at all but it's pretty hard to move a boulder.

also those twin boys are a big loss. Both bout 6'2 pushing 6'3...lean but athletic. A starting qb and wr. If UH can get threw the season with 5 wins or more, and all three of these come back.....could be really strong in 2015 Edited by UpperCumberlandMan