Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

I just think it's funny how he was being compared to Jalen Hurd and Herron was being compared to Spurrier. You can hang your pictures of your man crush back on the wall.

Spurrier and Hurd were used as examples on how when your at the top of your game, the haters come out big time. Do you really think Hurd need over 400 yards for state champion Beech to beat CHS? But if you don't like stats getting rolled up on you, stop him from doing it. Don't come back and cry about it a year later on a post that has nothing to do with last year.

York padded his own stats by being faster than everyone else... best player Upperman has ever had

Not that it matters...but he was average against good teams. The only ones the U played was ND & Alcoa. The U had their best team probably ever...SC had their worst team since 1996 & still was in the game in the 4th. The U left him in to run up the score on G'ville & DC for certain...and several others also. I really don't care...but it hurts depth for this year...did risk him to injury.

That was last year. York had a great season piling up stats. If Scott Dirkson had stayed in to pad stats...he would have easily had state records. You could say the same for many others. Ask Scott Smith if he still hears about leaving JP Shelly in to set a state record for TD's. He got barbecued for that. I don't think anyone the U plays this year has the capability to retaliate. The ones with class wouldn't anyway.

Not that it matters...but he was average against good teams. The only ones the U played was ND & Alcoa. The U had their best team probably ever...SC had their worst team since 1996 & still was in the game in the 4th. The U left him in to run up the score on G'ville & DC for certain...and several others also. I really don't care...but it hurts depth for this year...did risk him to injury.

That was last year. York had a great season piling up stats. If Scott Dirkson had stayed in to pad stats...he would have easily had state records. You could say the same for many others. Ask Scott Smith if he still hears about leaving JP Shelly in to set a state record for TD's. He got barbecued for that. I don't think anyone the U plays this year has the capability to retaliate. The ones with class wouldn't anyway.

I won't factor in UHS's weak regular season schedule.York Verse playoff teams: Rushing 790yds 9td Passing 829yds 11td that's a average of 323 ypg and 5 tdpg. Verse ND and Alcoa: 325 passing 2td 329 4td that's a average of 327 ypg and 3 tdpg. http://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/connor-york/Z0a5wvTzEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=13-14 So if he had 74 td's for the season and 20 came in the playoffs (5 per game) he had 54 in the regular season (5.4 per game). I guess they ran up scores verse all those playoff teams too. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I won't factor in UHS's weak regular season schedule.York Verse playoff teams: Rushing 790yds 9td Passing 829yds 11td that's a average of 323 ypg and 5 tdpg. Verse ND and Alcoa: 325 passing 2td 329 4td that's a average of 327 ypg and 3 tdpg. http://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/connor-york/Z0a5wvTzEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=13-14 So if he had 74 td's for the season and 20 came in the playoffs (5 per game) he had 54 in the regular season (5.4 per game). I guess they ran up scores verse all those playoff teams too.

He was a good high school player. He graduated. Playing their starters as they did hurts their depth this year. Let's see how that translates.

He was a good high school player. He graduated. Playing their starters as they did hurts their depth this year. Let's see how that translates.

I say it translates to 4-6 - 6-4 range. Soph class is loaded and they should be back in 2015. Buddy saying they got about 85 players on team. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan