Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Not sure what he's saying either

DC is full of big ol country boys. Line up big and run the ball. You don't have to attempt 35 passes every game out of the shotgun. Kids like Phillips, York, McCoin are few and far between to run the spread. Maynard knew this and used the talent in SC and UH to his advantage by running the ball and playing good defense. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

DC is full of big ol country boys. Line up big and run the ball. You don't have to attempt 35 passes every game out of the shotgun. Kids like Phillips, York, McCoin are few and far between to run the spread. Maynard knew this and used the talent in SC and UH to his advantage by running the ball and playing good defense.

Then you say them being a rural school is why they can't air it out all the time. Saying they can't pass it because they're mostly white doesn't make any sense. Just saying Edited by JohnnyRay

I'm gonna copy/paste what I said in the MHS/UHS to add to the 8aa discussion and since that thread will probably die soon anyways if it hasn't already: Final 34-0 UHS. I know it's Monterey but all phases of the game looked solid. Now I wasn't paying attention the whole game but I don't think Monterey stopped their drive once. Philips made some good runs and for the most part his passes were on the mark. The receivers were making their catches and making good moves on the defenders. Butler was running hard like usual. The O line didn't have much trouble blocking. And the defense looked stout, they were getting in the backfield and disrupting plays and everyone was hustling. Now they did make a few mistakes and drew a couple penalties on plays they scored but they don't look like they're inexperienced at all. I was a little worried before the season but it looks like they picked up right where they left off last year. I feel confident in saying they'll be towards the top in the district race. It is only their first game though and we'll see how they fare against SC next week