Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

As good as Ely is I think Vandy maybe a stretch. I'm not downing this kid by any means and believe he is one of Upperman best football players of all time but SEC football is a different animal.

true, but you don't find many 17 year olds 6'3 290 benching 340 either. He could project to close to 6'4, 310-320 and although not fast, very quick for his size. Thats a kid some schools would take a chance on. William n Mary is about as close to a d-1 as u can get and not be. Lost like 24-17 to West Vir. Name an OVC that does that at their place? Like I said, once u get an offer, others pour in. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

true, but you don't find many 17 year olds 6'3 290 benching 340 either. He could project to close to 6'4, 310-320 and although not fast, very quick for his size. Thats a kid some schools would take a chance on. William n Mary is about as close to a d-1 as u can get and not be. Lost like 24-17 to West Vir. Name an OVC that does that at their place? Like I said, once u get an offer, others pour in.

Nah...a lot of times you get one offer only.

http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/full_story/24419726/article--HC-Blue%3D-C-York-named-to-All-American-team?instance=main_article He is second in the state in total offense in a career (10,514 yards) and third in a season (5,135).

York owns the TSSAA record for total offense in a game by an individual with his 713-yard effort — 337 yards passing and 376 yards rushing — in the Bees’ playoff contest against Tyner Academy. That game, with UHS’ 733 yards of offense, also stands as the state record holder for a team. York is also the state record holder in most combined rushing and passing touchdowns in a season (72) and in a career (134).

He is the NATIONAL record holder for total offense in a game, shattering Kogan Garrett (Lexington, Texas) and his 616-yard game in 2011.

I realize that. So you are in favor of giving them 7 points automatically. So what about when they go for 2 and miss are you still going to give them 7 or take it back to 6?

According to commisioner, go back to 6 points. Seems to me that there are many other items that needs to be addressed than messing with scoring.