Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

It's not that it's too hard of a hit, it's that it's too hard of a hit to the head which can carry big consequences if it's allowed to take huge blows repeatedly. I'm all for making hard-hitting tackles but the brain can't withstand that and not be damaged like the rest of our bodies can, especially at the collegiate and pro levels. I know y'all have heard of nfl players getting neurodegenerative disease. It's not pretty and when your body is shot at that age you at least want your mind intact.

49er player got 15 yard flag for putting his shoulder in the chest of the Seahawk TE and dislodging the ball lose. That's football. I agree with crown of helmet spearing, but they have went to far. Can't grap neck of pads, can't touch their head, can't hit defensless receiver......basicaly let him catch it, turn around,get two feet on the ground, try and grab him by the waist and lighly try and pull him to the ground. Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Ronnie Lott, Butkas could not play today.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

49er player got 15 yard flag for putting his shoulder in the chest of the Seahawk TE and dislodging the ball lose. That's football. I agree with crown of helmet spearing, but they have went to far. Can't grap neck of pads, can't touch their head, can't hit defensless receiver......basicaly let him catch it, turn around,get two feet on the ground, try and grab him by the waist and lighly try and pull him to the ground. Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Ronnie Lott, Butkas could not play today.

No they could not!! I have a feeling all those guys would tell Goodell to stick it and come put the pads on please. You can't touch the freaking QB if a defender touches their helmet it's a 15 yard penalty. I mean come on let's play ball. Now they want a strike zone of where you can and can't hit. Don't want to hit people high, but it is okay to hit them in the knee and end their careers before they ever get started.

No they could not!! I have a feeling all those guys would tell Goodell to stick it and come put the pads on please. You can't touch the freaking QB if a defender touches their helmet it's a 15 yard penalty. I mean come on let's play ball. Now they want a strike zone of where you can and can't hit. Don't want to hit people high, but it is okay to hit them in the knee and end their careers before they ever get started.

agree.

Middle TN cheaters!

and you don't see the comparisons Pemberton draws? He dint want Williamson Co sports to go the way Blount Co has. Agree or disagree but facts are facts. Heck, if I was a coach and it was tssaa legal, I would recruit or accept kids out of area too. I just think all schools that have a fee and take kids out of zone, should be subject to the multiplier.

Can you imangine Ray Nitschke suiting up and lining up at LB with his front teeth knocked out and playing "touch" football? Now that would be funny. Granted, there is a limit as to "intent" of the tackle, but be able to use the God given talent one has to be able to tackle. ALSO, if we can send a man to the moon - why can't scientist devise a HELMET to absorb he shock of the hit to the head?

Ely has the size to play D1-A, if Gill can get looked at by smaller D1s at 6'1 Ely should be just fine playing D1 at 6'3. My son says that it seemed like Gill was getting letters almost everyday before practice, and he would hear Gill and Coach Trapp talking about when coaches would come visit him during school. He never seemed sure he was going to play though, said he might go just for academics because of the struggle of being a student athlete. I think if you are getting offers you should play thats just me. There was a lot of talk of him going and playing in the Ivy league and was getting tons of interest from all of them, I guess its hard to find a good lineman that is really good in the classroom LOL. I don't know what happened to that either. I can get my son to ask him though.