Trinity Christian Academy 2014

Intense

Sounds like alot of offense but no defense.   cant outscore everybody

First of all Martin is a very good 3A school. They are not McNairy level of 3A ball. They were 7-3 in regular season last year losing by a total of 10 points in those 3 games. Second of all, they made it to the quarters of playoffs. So, we are talking about two really good teams. Martin was working on their pass defense, which was their weakness and TCA on their run defense which is their weakness. I saw TCA's defense make some nice stops today and their DL getting into the backfield. They still struggled on 3rd and 4 or less. Much, much improved defense over last year and we still have a couple of key players out. I suspect Martin will have another good year this year. Great test for TCA as Martin is a strong running team. Martin did a good job of mixing up the run with the short passing game. Their starting QB is huge!! He's hard to bring down. Looks like he is 6'5, 225!

First of all Martin is a very good 3A school. They are not McNairy level of 3A ball. They were 7-3 in regular season last year losing by a total of 10 points in those 3 games. Second of all, they made it to the quarters of playoffs. So, we are talking about two really good teams. Martin was working on their pass defense, which was their weakness and TCA on their run defense which is their weakness. I saw TCA's defense make some nice stops today and their DL getting into the backfield. They still struggled on 3rd and 4 or less. Much, much improved defense over last year and we still have a couple of key players out. I suspect Martin will have another good year this year. Great test for TCA as Martin is a strong running team. Martin did a good job of mixing up the run with the short passing game. Their starting QB is huge!! He's hard to bring down. Looks like he is 6'5, 225!

If Martin has pitcher at QB he is a stud!! My personal thought is he is one of the most underrated players in west Tenn. He's as good a linebacker as you will find. Last year he was 6'3" 215 as a junior could be 6'5" now.

I would suspect that TCA and Westview will both have very good years this year. Think stewert has Martin at #5 in preseason poll.

Edited by ysoangry

heard dresdens middle linebacker is being recruited, so they will have a red jersey on him tomorrow so tca will not be allowed to block him for fear of injury. This could allow him to make a lot of tackles.

To the uneducated post: it doesn't have anything to do with him being recruited. It has to do with protecting him from injury due to his value to the team. He had knee surgery in December and the coaches are being cautious. Once the season starts he will be ready to take any hit you can deliver and he is also a serious run threat. I'm assuming you are not from Dresden. Their fans are much more classy!

Edited by TCAIntense

To the uneducated post: it doesn't have anything to do with him being recruited. It has to do with protecting him from injury due to his value to the team. He had knee surgery in December and the coaches are being cautious. Once the season starts he will be ready to take any hit you can deliver and he is also a serious run threat. I'm assuming you are not from Dresden. Their fans are much more classy!

I really have no problem with any player who valuable to a team wearing red and not participating in contact during a scrimmage. Ask Huntingdon fans what can happen during spring scrimmages. I'm really not a huge fan of spring scrimmages anyway. Just play a few 7 on 7 games and wait for meaningful football in August. 

Not that I've ever been called classy but thanks!!! See you guys tomorrow

I really have no problem with any player who valuable to a team wearing red and not participating in contact during a scrimmage. Ask Huntingdon fans what can happen during spring scrimmages. I'm really not a huge fan of spring scrimmages anyway. Just play a few 7 on 7 games and wait for meaningful football in August.

Not that I've ever been called classy but thanks!!! See you guys tomorrow

Hey Angry, would love to meet some of you CoachT guys but I'm out of town until late Tuesday night. Enjoy your visit and hope both teams are injury free. Edited by TCAIntense

Hey Angry, would love to meet some of you CoachT guys but I'm out of town until late Tuesday night. Enjoy your visit and hope both teams are injury free.

Maybe we can all hook up before the year is over. I've got to go to Memphis and get back to Dresden for a funeral. Hopefully I'll get to see some of the scrimmage.

On a side note pray for the family of Daron Williams who is 44 and a Dresden state champ in baseball. Very good person and God fearing man. Done suffering but family has just begun. Lord please be with them!!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Mainthing is to have everyone healthy after spring ball

Amen wingman... indeed. You know, though just a scrimmage, players don't hold back, especially ones wanting to impress coaches, fighting for a spot, or trying to have a good showing for recruiters & highlight films. They still go after each other with abandon and thus injury always a risk. It never good when any player is hurt. Ever. Hope both teams have a great injury free time of it! Go Lions! :)

Amen wingman... indeed. You know, though just a scrimmage, players don't hold back, especially ones wanting to impress coaches, fighting for a spot, or trying to have a good showing for recruiters & highlight films. They still go after each other with abandon and thus injury always a risk. It never good when any player is hurt. Ever. Hope both teams have a great injury free time of it! Go Lions! :)

Hey Hevy and Angry, keep me posted. I'm im between flights and am not going to make it back.