Trinity Christian Academy 2014

Intense

Guest hevyrevy1611

Really hope the Dresden kid isn't hurt very bad. My son took a pretty bad shot to the head after catching a pass across the middle and was out for remainder of game but is ok. I wasn't there but was told it was a brutal hit. I understand there was some hard hitting going on. Glad it was an overall good scrimmage. I understand our Defensive coordinator was really mad and told Dresden to stay on offense after 10 plays because TCA had to learn to stop somebody. I appreciate his work ethic and appreciate Dresden obliging by continuing to run it right at us. We had 4 lineman out which gave the other boys an opportunity to show their talent and I understand they got smacked in the mouth by the country boys from Dresden!! Hevy, I'm a country boy too so that's not a negative toward Dresden. These TCA kids have got to learn to get a little bit mean. We can only go so far with our high powered offense. No way we can match Trousdale until our boys get meaner and tougher! Very glad we scheduled Martin and Dresden for scrimmages. Both were very good scrimmages and very solid teams. Hope to see Dresden go deep in the playoffs!

Well, that explains alot. And I was wondering why we seemed to have the ball more than the alloted 10 plays a few times, and why we kept running, running, running... and then do a few more run plays just to throw off TCA & keep them guessing some. LOL. Hope your son is ok, he is a speedster stud. Those over the middle plays are dangerous. I liked the no backing down and fiesty spark both teams had. Especially when the 2nd/ 3rd stringers were out there, dude, them guys tried to earn a spot and impress their coaches! It was a good scrimmage (actually, imo one of best ones I remember seeing) and gave both sets of coaches great info on what to work on. Both sets of players on each team should also feel good about their effort. Not perfect, but they went all out on both sides. HATED the injuries though... that the worst part. GO LIONS! :)

I appreciate the class. TCA will be a force again this year. I really like TCA vs Dresden. Always a thriller with kids who have heart. Hope the boy is alright. Hope he's not concussed. I'll find out about the Dresden player.

He's not concussed thankfully . His neck is just a little stiff. Keep us posted on the injured Dresden player.

• 1 month later...

This past week TCA was very busy with 7 on 7's. Went to Harding Academy twice and Jackson SS once. Did real well but still looking for that 4th receiver to replace All State Receiver Diggs. Defense fared well. Hard to tell how good the D will be because we struggled against the run last year and 7 on 7 doesn't exploit the run. Akin looks as sharp as ever and the returning receivers do as well. TCA has some really good young talent that is developing. Got to get a QB developed for 15 season.

Pretty impressive you guys and Adamsville are 2 of the top 5 teams in the state! Sounds like the west is gonna be stout this year. Wouldn't mind being in the Jackson area Sept 5 to see that one. Should be a beck of a football game!

Yeah, it will be a great game. I suspect final will be by TD or less. I think Trenton and Huntington are also top 5 teams and you never know about Mitchell. We all know whoever comes out of West will have to beat TC to be crowned the king!

Glad to here y'all are getting those boys to a lot of camps. It makes a HUGE difference! Just because your players are getting tons of mail from schools all over ,don't assume the Coaches are sitting around watching them on HUDL. I have heard many say "Too many camps is not good" BS! Tennessee is not the "hotbed" for recruiting You gotta get seen by as many scout as you can I I feel TCA has several players worthy of playing at the next level, no doubt

Glad to here y'all are getting those boys to a lot of camps. It makes a HUGE difference! Just because your players are getting tons of mail from schools all over ,don't assume the Coaches are sitting around watching them on HUDL. I have heard many say "Too many camps is not good" BS! Tennessee is not the "hotbed" for recruiting You gotta get seen by as many scout as you can I I feel TCA has several players worthy of playing at the next level, no doubt

Tuffy, good to hear from you and yes that is wise counsel! Good luck to Zak this year. We won't miss him!! Lol

How did the lions fair at UTM?

I wasn't able to attend but was kept informed via texts. Was 3-1 in pool play beating Liberty and a couple of others. Lost to 6A Horn Lake. Lost to Union City in a close one first game of bracket play. I think UC may have won it all. I understand Trousdale beat UC in a close one during pool play. TCA has had a very good 7 on 7 season. When you add the triple threat run game of Akin, Goldsmith and Bond you have a very powerful offense.

I wasn't able to attend but was kept informed via texts. Was 3-1 in pool play beating Liberty and a couple of others. Lost to 6A Horn Lake. Lost to Union City in a close one first game of bracket play. I think UC may have won it all. I understand Trousdale beat UC in a close one during pool play. TCA has had a very good 7 on 7 season. When you add the triple threat run game of Akin, Goldsmith and Bond you have a very powerful offense.

are the big boys upfront looking good?