Cleveland vs Father Ryan

rlwest40

This one could really go either way at this point, depends on who shows up and who's sitting out from each side as well as the bonus points. Very even on both sides, I could see both teams winning 7 matches each. Either way it should be a very close dual decided by 6 points or less, more than likely a 3-4 point dual with some great individual match-ups featuring some of the best from D1 vs D2.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about the stalling on bottom from Hagey, I agree. However, if I was wrestling a guy that ran bars like Josh Hamilton, I would stall too. It was a great match.  They have wrestled four times. Josh has won 3 of 4.  All except the first one.  I will be very surprised if Hagey does not win the D2 state title. He is a fine young man.

After watching Cleveland defeat Father Ryan twice in two days I would have to say that there was no particular match that made the difference in the dual. Cleveland came together as a team to win the second dual match against Ryan even more so than they did during their first win the night before. When some of the Cleveland wrestlers fell a little short the others stepped up and earned additional bonus points to make up for it because they knew it was a close match the night before and they knew every point mattered in order to repeat the win. They found a way to win, two days in a row, without relying on one wrestler or one match.

Debian picks up additional bonus points than the night before, Stevison wins again, Taylor scores more bonus points, Oliver pins again, Hamilton wins another close one against Hagey, West scores more bonus points, Kennedy wins at 220, and Gaither pins again.

Cleveland has looked very impressive early in the season with some big wins over Christiansburg, Pope, Soddy, Point Pleasant, Buford, and twice over Father Ryan and will look MUCH better in January and February.

Edited by rlwest40