Did Kilgore Resign at Powell?

chasescott66

Too many theories on here, and none of them are even close to true, SS. Powell has had three AD'S in three years, so it's hard to say that each one of them has had time to wanna run Ogan off. They've all had very legit reasons for leaving, just as Powell's coaches have. So, there's nothing fishy going on, especially with the Kilgore situation. He also has a very legit reason for leaving.

Maybe the coach has reasons for leaving, like moving into an administrator's position and something to do with his wife's job, but there are competing considerations like loyalty to the program, finishing what you start, commitment to players, keeping your word to those who hired you and to your assistant coaches, etc. I'm not trying to knock him. It's just that I can understand why some people, even Powell people, are questioning this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the coach has reasons for leaving, like moving into an administrator's position and something to do with his wife's job, but there are competing considerations like loyalty to the program, finishing what you start, commitment to players, keeping your word to those who hired you and to your assistant coaches, etc. I'm not trying to knock him. It's just that I can understand why some people, even Powell people, are questioning this.

I can see your point, but in the education system today, you have to look out for number 1. If it came down to it, would you choose your loyalties(all of the things you mentioned) over what is best for your family? I know I wouldn't. Edited by powellphoto

I can see your point, but in the education system today, you have to look out for number 1. Would you choose your loyalties(all of the things you mentioned) over what is best for your family if it came to that? I know I wouldn't.

No, I see your point too. I talked to a Powell parent or two though and they're still reeling. Powell will be fine and will (or at least can if they want to) get a very good coach to replace Kilgore. Y'all had a good assistant who left after being passed over the last time. He'd make a good head coach.

Wouldn't say crazy when you look at it.  He obviously want's to get into administration, which is fine.  I think all that comes with being and asst. principal in the county along with a major rebuild job will be too much to overcome, but he has the administration to fall back on.  It's all about one's career goals.  It's not like college, where guys are making millions of dollars to coach.  Sure, on paper, the move looks foolish and it sucks for Powell, but there is no incentive to be a successful coach in Knox Co.

Who knows why he quit and i'm not judging the man at all for whatever reason he did. KnoxvilleFootball's post makes sense to me. But still, I think he kinda gave Powell the shaft sounds like. His prerogative, though. I think the talent level going down at Powell didn't hurt his cause for wanting to leave for oneand like some other poster's pointed out. Their is a lot less expectations at Karns than their is @ Powell.

Edited by SweetScience