College Commitments in 1A &2A

CastIronHero

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. A lot of them have gone and come back before they graduate. Homesick? Academics?Who knows? But as long as they are doing something (school or work) the pirate community should support them all. I think the overall talent and potential of kids the past 5 or so years have been outstanding!

I agree with you. I would like to have seen several good players the past few years take offers to colleges, but for whatever reason or reasons they didnt go. SP has had several all state players and even Mr. Football nominees the past few years that could have excelled at the college level.

Your completely right. I think Blake Mitchell could have gone to the next level also until he got in trouble at SP. Also IMO Corbin Hale was College football material. Blevins and Hutchins could have played at the next level also. Chubb is at UTC from what I understand. Also Shane Boles. He was a heck of a ball player his senior year. And if Josh Parker had the recourses he would be playing somewhere also.

Edited by PiratePrideChamp

My son AJ has not comitted to anyone; however he currently has two offers (D2 & NAIA), and he thinks another is coming this weekend on a visit. He will be playing ball (D2, NAIA maybe even D3) next fall and is excited about the likelyhood of competing at the next level.

I should have said "he will be on a college team next year." Nothing is certain in college football, even when coaches tell you certain things. AJ could redshirt or something next year, but if everything goes right he will have the chance to play ball next year.

True. A lot of them have gone and come back before they graduate. Homesick? Academics?Who knows? But as long as they are doing something (school or work) the pirate community should support them all. I think the overall talent and potential of kids the past 5 or so years have been outstanding!

Or may have got there and found out that their not really college material