Midway point

dmm88

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 or 2 losses..... Well, Amber Fair is coming back from a knee injury so I didn't figure anyone would have a chance to win....

Might as well hand them the gold ball now..... The team I saw Tuesday has a lot of work to do before they will win a gold ball. They are better than gc but they have NO offense and there size will not cause that much of a problem for everyone.

UC may not win the gold ball,but there is a big gap between 1 and 2 in District 14A even without their best player. WestTn,they play solid defense,which GC saw Tuesday night when they couldnt make a shot.I don't think some of you GC folks saw the same game I saw Tuesday night because that game was over after the first quarter. Where is GC scoring coming from because 3 players scored 1point and 1player had 11 which 6 of those points came late in the game when it was already over.Lannom had 13 is about the only player that could get anything going.And you say UC dont have any scoring but I guess GC does.

UC may not win the gold ball,but there is a big gap between 1 and 2 in District 14A even without their best player. WestTn,they play solid defense,which GC saw Tuesday night when they couldnt make a shot.I don't think some of you GC folks saw the same game I saw Tuesday night because that game was over after the first quarter. Where is GC scoring coming from because 3 players scored 1point and 1player had 11 which 6 of those points came late in the game when it was already over.Lannom had 13 is about the only player that could get anything going.And you say UC dont have any scoring but I guess GC does.

so there is a 20 point difference between Gc/UC, a 6 point difference between UC/Greenfield who will be third in 14A, a 11 point difference between UC/LC who will probably finish 4th, and only a 16 point difference between UC/Bradford who will be 5th... I know all of those teams are better than us even though we've easily handled two of those teams already and will handle Bradford as well. I still don't think you realize how many wide open lay ups we missed the other night. We hit those layups and its a muchhhhhhh closer game, we missed 10 easy shots easily. It was the first big game like that for these Freshman and you cold say sophomores as well. We came out tight and it showed, I guess not to you guys. Coach moreless said that in the Jackson Sun article. You guys are better, but there is not that big of a gap between the two. If you guys beat us by 20 again, I'll admit you're the superior team by far.

Edited by GCPioneer

UC defense caused those misses.They were too big, quicker, and more athletic.When Amber start playing,I think the offense will run smoother,because she can post up,go off the dribble, dish it,and shoot the 3.You talking about a 23 point scorer her sophomore year.I know she been out a year and a half but they winning without her. It a take her some games to iron some things out,but it want take long.I still think she will be the best player on the court in the district,by far.

so there is a 20 point difference between Gc/UC, a 6 point difference between UC/Greenfield who will be third in 14A, a 11 point difference between UC/LC who will probably finish 4th, and only a 16 point difference between UC/Bradford who will be 5th... I know all of those teams are better than us even though we've easily handled two of those teams already and will handle Bradford as well. I still don't think you realize how many wide open lay ups we missed the other night. We hit those layups and its a muchhhhhhh closer game, we missed 10 easy shots easily. It was the first big game like that for these Freshman and you cold say sophomores as well. We came out tight and it showed, I guess not to you guys. Coach moreless said that in the Jackson Sun article. You guys are better, but there is not that big of a gap between the two. If you guys beat us by 20 again, I'll admit you're the superior team by far.

I'm wondering if u saw the easy shots UC missed? They missed a ton of them as well. I know y'all really want everyone to know that GC hasn't looked that bad all season but they haven't seen that type of defense and probably won't again until we play again. UC didn't cross every t or dot every I. What happened to that killer defense y'all had been playing all season long. We could have shot the ball much better that game and then if would have been even worse. We both played sub par games offensively but the UC defense has been consistent. UC still has along way to go to win it all. The reason y'all lost by 20 is because GC had it fixed in their mind to play their style of ball instead of taking a page from the teams who had already played UC for the past few years and pack it in. Trouble with that is UC has learned from seeing that and have found out how to over come that as well. So this will be a fact Amber Fair will be back next time UC and GC hook up. What are yall going to do then. Your coach should have seen this coming he's been at half the games UC played thus year I guess seeing is not always believing.

Edited by UCbball

Like a pack of wolves lol... Gibson had not played that bad all year. That's obvious... We shot 17% or whatever it was. We had not and won't see another defense like that. Does this make you happy? And coach has been to one game of yours lol not half... You guys are a good team, said it several times. And for you guys sake, I hope Amber performs to half of the potential that you guys are putting her out there as. Once she's back, you guys are a 40 point favorite over us with her 20 PPG, right? Good player, but you never know how a player is going to rebound from an ACL tear. I hope she does come back strong. I'd like to see UC at full strength before tournament time....

Edited by GCPioneer

Like a pack of wolves lol... Gibson had not played that bad all year. That's obvious... We shot 17% or whatever it was. We had not and won't see another defense like that. Does this make you happy? And coach has been to one game of yours lol not half... You guys are a good team, said it several times. And for you guys sake, I hope Amber performs to half of the potential that you guys are putting her out there as. Once she's back, you guys are a 40 point favorite over us with her 20 PPG, right? Good player, but you never know how a player is going to rebound from an ACL tear. I hope she does come back strong. I'd like to see UC at full strength before tournament time....

Not trying to make anyone feel hunted but UC could have played better just wanted that to be know because it sounded like GC fans were blaming the loss on poor shooting that wouldn't happen again and also it was made to sound like UC played a great offensive game. Amber has actually played with them this summer and has practiced all year. She will be ready and she will be a player not jus a body. I really wish the best for GC just don't want the story to be half told.

Not trying to make anyone feel hunted but UC could have played better just wanted that to be know because it sounded like GC fans were blaming the loss on poor shooting that wouldn't happen again and also it was made to sound like UC played a great offensive game. Amber has actually played with them this summer and has practiced all year. She will be ready and she will be a player not jus a body. I really wish the best for GC just don't want the story to be half told.

Everyone knows you guys are better than everyone in rural West Tennessee.... AA and AAA included.... We struggled shooting because of you guys' defense as well as it being the sophomore and freshman's first big game. There's no doubt you guys are the better team, but not convinced you're 20 points better. We will adjust to what you guys did to us and hopefully hit shots next time.