Another coaching opening in Knox County

HTV

I think those are obviously factors, but I'm not sure that this isn't something more. Pemberton interviewed and wanted the job at Central, before they hired a career freshman coach. I believe, with no proof, that they are forced into hiring guys already in the system regardless of qualifications. Either that or they are just really bad at it. The ladder could certainly be the case. The feel good hiring committees set everyone up for failure. The administration should find the one person that actually knows a little about football and that person should hire a coach.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a mess over in Knoxville. They'll keep on until the cancer spreads to all of those schools and they will be lucky to have anyone worth a wooden nickel left. The private schools will be the only ones with a product worth while to put on the field on Friday Nights and for the rest of the teams your biggest excitement will be paying to watch the grass grow for three hours.

Seems no one at Loudon is talking much about their HC leaving to take the Bearden HC position. Maybe it is not a sure thing like some people have said on the T. What about Hamontree @ Heritage. He has applied @ other Knoxville schools?

Don't think he has and I don't think he'll leave Heritage.  Been told that he is tired of moving (and one really can't blame him as many times as he has moved) and that he took the Heritage job because Maryville is where he and his wife plan to retire. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems no one at Loudon is talking much about their HC leaving to take the Bearden HC position. Maybe it is not a sure thing like some people have said on the T. What about Hamontree @ Heritage. He has applied @ other Knoxville schools?

Won't be a sure thing until interviews and such start happening, but from what I gather, It is Loudon's HC position to lose.