CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

Jake had 12 3's with the most of them in the first half. All starters sat out some of the 3rd and all the 4th along with liberal subbing the entire game. CPA had 18 3's and Cascade had 11. Kudos to all the Cascade fans. They were very nice and complimentary of the CPA team and extremely supportive of their kids from beginning to end. They were quick to talk basketball and were the friendliest opponents I have ever encountered. Good job Cascade Champions!

It's easy to be kind and say other teams are champions when you double the score. Before you respond back stating that win, loose, draw , you would have the same opinion, let's face the fact that CPA cares about winning more than anything else. That's ok if you do, just don't hide behind the do the right thing regardless theme that many privates claim. If winning wasn't the most important thing at CPA then why did they fire the former football coach that by all accounts was a great person and good leader, that's right, he did not win enough. Again, I agree with your prior post that if winning was not important then why keep score, just admit that this is the mission of CPA now, win big or get someone who will.

You bet winning is important...and all the benefits to the players that comes with it. Someone asked one time why colleges in the south generally are better at football than in the north. I replied it is because we want to be. I was once involved with a high school that had great academics and was good in most sports other than football. The reason football was bad was because no one cared as long as the athletic department was in the black. There were 58 kids on the team...varsity, jv, and freshmen. My son's freshman year they were 0-10...next year 2-8 but few cared and the kids hated being on the team. A new coach was hired, parents were encouraged to get involved, and efforts were made by the kids themselves took pride in the program and worked extra hard. Since then the school still excels academically, the football team regularly has up to 100 on the varsity alone, has won a state championship, and is normally in the playoffs. That public school graduates around 100% with most going to college and millions of dollars of scholarships are earned each year. When a group of people, parents, administration, and students want to excel and are willing to pay the price of effort they are rewarded. Notice how getting a good coach, working hard, and putting in the time parallels with success? Winning isn't the most important thing at CPA but in my opinion it is a reflection of and a result of the thing that IS the most important.

It's easy to be kind and say other teams are champions when you double the score. Before you respond back stating that win, loose, draw , you would have the same opinion, let's face the fact that CPA cares about winning more than anything else. That's ok if you do, just don't hide behind the do the right thing regardless theme that many privates claim. If winning wasn't the most important thing at CPA then why did they fire the former football coach that by all accounts was a great person and good leader, that's right, he did not win enough. Again, I agree with your prior post that if winning was not important then why keep score, just admit that this is the mission of CPA now, win big or get someone who will.

I have a different take on this. I know it is easy to set back and criticize teams/schools who win and at times win big. It's all about the school going out and recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.

Have any of you ever thought that quite possibly kids in the area want to go to CPA because of the success and no one recruits them? Success breads success, fact of life. Sorry if this bursts your bubble.

Yo hedahe - can you define "win little" versus "win big" as you stated, please. 

gottcha...I assume you are a Cascade parent/supporter. My congrats on you guys being first class from top to bottom! CPA is indeed a great team but you guys just caught us on a night when a lot of 3's fell. You guys had 11 yourself! Again....very impressed with your fans, players, and coaches.

Yo hedahe - can you define "win little" versus "win big" as you stated, please.

Redog, if you are referring to my post, then I suggest you compare the record of both the current football and basketball coach vs the record of the former coach they replaced. If the former coaches had a winning percentage, then why were they replaced? Again, I don't have an issue with CPA if they fired the former coach for not wining enough, just admit this is the mission of the schools teams and the most important aspect of the team, vs. trying to state the main purpose of sports teams is to do missionary work in the community and winning and loosing is secondary.

Redog, if you are referring to my post, then I suggest you compare the record of both the current football and basketball coach vs the record of the former coach they replaced. If the former coaches had a winning percentage, then why were they replaced? Again, I don't have an issue with CPA if they fired the former coach for not wining enough, just admit this is the mission of the schools teams and the most important aspect of the team, vs. trying to state the main purpose of sports teams is to do missionary work in the community and winning and loosing is secondary.

Got it. So if CPA had the same prior coaches and won at that percentage that would satisfy - for you - the main purpose of doing missionary work in the community and winning and losing is secondary?

No you don't have it. They don't have the prior coaches so what is your point? Why don't you answer my previous question? Why was the previous football coach fired? Was he terrible at missionary work or did it have to do with his coaching record? Did he have a loosing record? If he had a winning record why was he let go? I really don't care if CPA wins every football and basketball game for the next 10 years, I just don't understand why you and anyone else associated with CPA can't admit that winning is the most important thing and if you are not dominating your opposition, they will get someone else who will.

Witnessing to others and winning are not mutually exclusive.  If you're going to do anything, do it the best that you can with the best effort you have.  Those are biblical prinicples.

Be honest.  Had you rather your kid play football for the coach at Arkansas State or Alabama?  Had you rather your kid play basketball for the coach at Kenesaw State or Kansas?