CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

Instead of answering a question with a question why not just answer it honestly. i am not bashing CPA i just asked if you or anyone else thought it was the christian thing to do...

Great point!  Though you quickly find those who seem to confused between defending their position with simply becoming defensive and attacking.  There is a big difference.  I am with you, just answer the question, makes you wonder why that is so difficult for some.  

LOL.  I knew your "Newfound Christian Born Again Life" wouldn't last long.

Does that mean he can't ask a question or have an opinion any longer?  Ridiculous.  Surely hasn't stopped you from having one nor those like you with your cutting remarks.  Posters like you crack me up.  You cry out for an example of recruiting, the guy gives a personal one and you attack him like crazy.  Now you attack/mock new found faith.  Just goes to show...

... The only problem I have is that many posts and threads about this subject become personal attacks, including questioning people's faith and motivations, and they extend beyond a disagreement about the program structure and history to judging individuals, coaches, players, and other posters. Those who don't like what they perceive as CPA's indiscretions have a right to their opinion and perception, but their view loses credibility, IMO, when they attack a person they do not know and that person's character or faith...

Reading this not sure which side you are referencing to on this one, but from here I would expect even when those CPA defenders take that route again as they have so often in the past, you will be the first one to speak against it.  

This debate has been going on for years about CPA.  Your numbers will mean nothing to them. They would rather assume and accuse. The numbers do make a valid point. 

From a basketball perspective, I agree with jett (starters need to play into at least the 3rd quarter to maintain game shape) and DAD1 (honoring kids who put the work in) especially seniors since it is their last go around.  As far as nerd's numbers they are meaningless because as we know "numbers don't tell the whole story."  The topic for the moment is sportsmanship and yes in sports it will always makes a difference and be a topic for discussion.

But this has always been more about basketball.  The consensus outside of CPA appears to be since you put together this "super team" (referenced in the past as CPAAU and All-Star team) can you have some mercy on the "mere mortals" being forced to compete for the same championship.  This is why the numbers are actually provoking and why those outside really do not care how many games in a row are won, how many wins over TN opponents or district numbers or how many 3's made, etc.  Why?  Because it is nothing really special when an uneven playing field has been orchestrated.  That is not perception, that is reality.  And I understand why CPA fans don't want to give in to this, but a little understanding wouldn't hurt as opposed to mocking (see you in the boro, quit crying, etc.).  It is sad that it hurts the kids in that way, but as I have said before, the reality (not perception) is that CPA has no one to blame but themselves.  

There, I think I am all caught up now, busy week.

KBRKS,I absolutely will speak against anyone who personally attacks a player, coach, fan or posters character or faith without first hand knowledge regardless which side they come from. I have already admitted recently that I have slipped up and got sucked into "name calling" and being judgmental of posters, but I am committed to avoiding that. But I challenge you to do the same. I will say, I cannot ever remember you agreeing with any post from a CPA supporter no matter how reasonable it was. I can remember you supporting posters who personally attacked those at CPA. Correct me if I am wrong.

I will pledge to post based on opinion and facts about teams and games, not suppositions about someone's character, intent, or faith. If I mess up, call me out. Will you agree to the same?

Edited by sportsnerd

KBRKS, you comment on my post: "As far as nerds numbers, they are meaningless because as we know "numbers don't tell the whole story." EXACTLY!! This thread was started under the premise that numbers (CPA beats JPII by 50) indicates intent and sportsmanship. Then there was the premise that Allmiller's number of 3's against Cascade in a blowout indicated intent and sportsmanship. You are right -numbers do not tell the story, but that was the premise of this thread.

I do agree that the perception about CPA in the public realm is negative. To deny that is foolish. My point is that we all make mistakes and create perceptions that may not be the entirety of who we are. Regardless of how I feel about someone and my perception of them, I should not assume they are evil and that everything they do is bad, and I should not take every opportunity to discredit them without first hand knowledge of the situation. None of us would want to be treated that way. The fact that CPA beat JPII by 50 is undeniable - that they were bad sports is not a given, just as it is not a given when any team wins big.