Next Forrest Coach

I have 2 sons who will soon be in the Forrest program. These past few months in Chapel Hill you could just feel something special brewing that had the potential to last for many years. All the pieces are in place to win at a level Forrest hasn't won at in 30 years. Community support is at an all time high. Anybody can go online and see that he won't be making 20k $ more. The key to him winning at Summit at a respectable level lies in one factor, KRIESKY. Forrest was a tough team to beat this year because no one could score easily on us. Easily the best Forrest defense in 30 years. If Kriesky decides to take the reigns at Forrest the the sky is the limit. Everyone close to the program knows and recognizes this. There is a very large group of parents, boosters, and players that have formed a group to throw every resource they have in Chapel Hill to keep Kriesky. The $ amount of money and resources being discussed yesterday would double the amount he would receive at Summit. This group includes local administrators, a pharmacist, and at least one banker. These people are very serious.

I also wouldn't want to be in Coleman's shoes and have to walk in the Forrest locker room for the last time ever and tell those players. None of them see his move as a promotion and things could get ugly. Social Media could be brutal for him and his family after Wednesday. However if coach Kriesky steps up and takes the Forrest offer I think the blow will be much softer.

Guest HHrocket

129, I will do my best to recreate my post

Coach K did an amazing job adjusting at halftime of games, including the 4 losses.

Forrest lost 3 games in the regular season by a total of 12 points, were ahead of AAAA Page late, and had the following 4 second half point yields defensively, in their 4 losses.

- Page (AAAA), 7 points

- Cascade (AAA), 0 points

- Eagleville (District Champ), 0 points
- Adamsville (state runner up 2 straight years), 7 points

The Adamsville final was a 26-7 loss, but for a horrific PI call at the end of the first half (and I am NOT a ref-blaming freak like a lot of fans), Forrest had cut the lead to 13-7 and def had Adamsville's attention.

The last touchdown was during garbage time.

Bottom line, the players I know are devastated, but if Coach K gets this, they will be thrilled. They LOVE him. And he seems to be the brains here.

My question: WHEN will we know?

Edited by HHrocket

i do not want to argue and hope very much that your head coach stays, he and his staff do a great job.  I do know that moving from marshall county to Williamson county will involve a significant bump in pay, it does not show in the base pay scale but the coaching supplement is much more than at marshall county.  I do know that having worked in Williamson county schools.  It is never easy for a coach to leave one school for another.  If he leaves you sound like you have another guy ready to go, good luck rockets!

Guest HHrocket

look, no offense, but we don't need high fives and good lucks here. we need a coach. this thread should boil down to two things.

1- Is Coach C indeed gone? if so, when will the official announcement be made, and is he going to tell his kids in person or slink away like a thief in the night?

2- is Coach K going to take his place, and if so when, and when will this be made official?

look, no offense, but we don't need high fives and good lucks here. we need a coach. this thread should boil down to two things.

1- Is Coach C indeed gone? if so, when will the official announcement be made, and is he going to tell his kids in person or slink away like a thief in the night?

2- is Coach K going to take his place, and if so when, and when will this be made official?

I don't know who the next coach of Summit will be. But the team won't meet him until tomorrow now so that he can meet with his old team and tell them in person. FWIW.

Guest HHrocket

I can't imagine that parents are all up in arms and the coaches have no idea.

he is informing his team tomorrow then driving to the new school and getting the "savior has arrived" treatment? wow.

I can't imagine that parents are all up in arms and the coaches have no idea.

he is informing his team tomorrow then driving to the new school and getting the "savior has arrived" treatment? wow.

I understand your upset IF he is leaving. But no one at Summit is expecting a "savior" or will treat anyone as such. Lots of work to do even if Nick Saban were taking over.