Class AAA AP Poll

icouldbeanyone

Man.....you guys wear that topic out....  :bored:

I didn't mean anything by that i was just curious as to how many of the girls are from outside of the Riverdale community. I have no doubt that all of it is legal and i was not trying to imply that it wasn't i was just curious is all. My apologies if you took offense to what i said.

I didn't mean anything by that i was just curious as to how many of the girls are from outside of the Riverdale community. I have no doubt that all of it is legal and i was not trying to imply that it wasn't i was just curious is all. My apologies if you took offense to what i said.

Thanks.  People just wear it out on this topic (hint....Grandadone) about transfers to Riverdale.  Out of 16 kids on Varsity, only 5 are transfers.  The remaining 11 have been there since 9th grade, and there are no 9th graders on Varsity.  

Edited by Brandon100

They play 10-11 players in all games because they are up by 30 points most of the time. They don't go that deep when they're in close games. Only went 6 or 7 deep against MJ and Columbia. MJ was a 6-8 point game until the very end when foul shots stretched it out and we all know about the Columbia game. Bet they don't go 10-11 deep tomorrow night against Blackman either. Riverdale is the team to beat, no argument here, but there are a few teams right in the mix not far behind them.

Thanks.  People just wear it out on this topic (hint....Grandadone) about transfers to Riverdale.  Out of 16 kids on Varsity, only 5 are transfers.  The remaining 11 have been there since 9th grade, and there are no 9th graders on Varsity.

Successful programs are going to attract good players, some people just don't understand that. Good luck to you guys on Friday!

They play 10-11 players in all games because they are up by 30 points most of the time. They don't go that deep when they're in close games. Only went 6 or 7 deep against MJ and Columbia. MJ was a 6-8 point game until the very end when foul shots stretched it out and we all know about the Columbia game. Bet they don't go 10-11 deep tomorrow night against Blackman either. Riverdale is the team to beat, no argument here, but there are a few teams right in the mix not far behind them.

2 of the 10 in rotation (inc 1 starter) did not make the trip to Mt Juliet bc of a stomach bug. Deja Jones was injured at the time of the Mt Juliet game and didn't play either. Riverdale was missing 3 out of the rotation. Edited by Brandon100

One or two more transfers ought to do it for Riverdale. Another girl who has given her all for her home school can go have a seat with the other scrubs. Winning is all that counts at Riverdale.

isn't winning the gold ball in the championship game what every team in the world plays for no matter what sport? From all the posting you have done on this, you seem to have a personal problem with people transferring to Riverdale....pretty much to the point it appears you are bitter as it has personally affected you or someone you know. Just bc you have been at a school since 9th grade doesn't give you the right to start or playing time. Didn't Vince Lombardi say..."Winning isn't everything...it is the only thing"? Why play if you play to lose just to play someone bc they have been there since 9th grade? Being on a team is much more than just playing time. It is much bigger than that. Edited by Brandon100

Just curious how many of those top 10-11 players on Riverdale's team have actually went to school there since they were freshman and how many of those are starters?

For one thing, RD does not go 10-11 players deep. About 7 get the majority of the playing time in close games. To somewhat answer your question, of the starters, I believe only 1 has been there since she was a freshman.

For one thing, RD does not go 10-11 players deep. About 7 get the majority of the playing time in close games. To somewhat answer your question, of the starters, I believe only 1 has been there since she was a freshman.

If it is that important to know....Shanique Heard at point guard and shooting guard Alexa Middleton. 2 of the 5 starters have been there since 9th grade. It is an all senior starting line up.

Edited by Brandon100

If it is that important to know....Shanique Heard at point guard and shooting guard Alexa Middleton. 2 of the 5 starters have been there since 9th grade. It is an all senior starting line up.

Well, if it is that important to know, I do believe Heard was a transfer out of Atlanta. So, if that is the case, 1 starter was there as a freshman. Not that it truly matters in the grand scheme of things. Was just trying to answer the question asked.