Class AAA AP Poll

icouldbeanyone

The fact that Science Hill is undefeated means they should be number 1 if you"re going off of numbers but they have not played the same caliber of teams that Riverdale and Blackman has and you have to wonder if thats what's holding them back from winning it all and if the record is more important than the gold ball. I believe they are a great team but are they battle tested enough is the question because they always seem to have a easy road to state and then hit the wall at State IMHO anyway good luck to all the girls and I can't wait to see them play at the next level.

Hit the wall? How can you hit a wall when you playing for it all the past 2 years. Plus the year before they were in the semi finals and about 2 minutes away from playing in 3 straight. They played a very tuff schedule last year and still lost. This year they have played who was scheduled. The only thing I wonder is if the change in coach had something to do with missing out on some tournaments meaning time lost during the search. IMHO it will not matter who you play when you are at the boro your schedule does not help you. It's how well you shoot and handle the nerves of the state tourney.

The girls that play for Science Hill have been playing together since they were young. They didn't transfer there to play basketball. They've grown up in Johnson City and have been attending school and playing basketball together since their elementary days. There's a lot to be said for the successful program they've built over there the last few years. They've done it the right way.

Edited by AlumnI01

The girls that play for Science Hill have been playing together since they were young. They didn't transfer there to play basketball. They've grown up in Johnson City and have been attending school and playing basketball together since their elementary days. There's a lot to be said for the successful program they've built over there the last few years. They've done it the right way.

Oh, so its Riverdale's fault that these girls want to play for a successful program? I grew up spending my friday nights  supporting Oakland, but the work Coach Barrett has put in is above reproach.

Credit is due to Science Hill for building a great program with the girls that were born and raised in the area, but I think its ridiculous that people are painting Riverdale with such a broad brush because girls want to transfer in to play there. 

I have never seen a coach work harder than Coach Barrett and his staff for their program at Riverdale.  Likewise, I have never seen a set of parents and players work so hard for their program.  It is no wonder the program is an attraction....go to a game at the school and observe.  

Edited by WarriorFan

The difference is when riverdale goes to aau tournament s they talk the parnets into coming to there school just to play basketball. And that's wrong for parents to put that ahead of the school that left from.How about the coach and players that give there time into being a team and you leave them just to win a ballgame .What are you teaching them

The difference is when riverdale goes to aau tournament s they talk the parnets into coming to there school just to play basketball. And that's wrong for parents to put that ahead of the school that left from.How about the coach and players that give there time into being a team and you leave them just to win a ballgame .What are you teaching them

I never knew Riverdale representatives went to AAU tournaments..  :rolleyes:  Lots of speculation...

How about we switch back to the topic of the Top 10 in AAA in the AP poll....

Edited by WarriorFan

Typical smart ace response for a guilty party. Anyways u still think the gold ball goes to Blackman or Riverdale this year. They are just to good. Riverdale had Blackman on the ropes but they fought back. My friend at the game said Blackman struggled shooiting the ball but got easy baskets if their pressure. I'm sure they will play for the gold ball cause no one is close to them.

Seem to be forgetting about science hill who has two of the top players in the state in tianna tarter and gabby Lyon as well as one of the top juniors Keisha Gregory. Will be tough to decide who will play for the gold ball. And never know maybe Oakland will end it for Blackman, seem to have had their number late in the season past few years

Typical smart ace response for a guilty party. Anyways u still think the gold ball goes to Blackman or Riverdale this year. They are just to good. Riverdale had Blackman on the ropes but they fought back. My friend at the game said Blackman struggled shooiting the ball but got easy baskets if their pressure. I'm sure they will play for the gold ball cause no one is close to them.

You got proof? If so, bring it forward, if not, stick to the facts.

Blackman is going to be a team that forces the issue on defense, using tempo and pressure to get their points. Riverdale isnt as good as they have been in years past, but they have a battle tested group that still will be a big play for the title. Like another poster stated, both teams will have to contend with a pretty tough Oakland team, whom has given Riverdale and Blackman some pretty close games over the last few years