National Signing Day 2014

ChattanoogaFBFan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True UTC has never really had luck with local players for one reason or another. Allison never really recruited locally and as you said family football has kind of left a bad taste and as expected ETSU coming back will take some players away. Giving the recruiting classes over the last few years I look for UTC to be SoCon champs again this year just depends on if they can fill the holes in the O-line and secondary

I'd have to give Furman a better chance on winning it outright this year. They have also recruited well the last few years and were very young last year. I know UTC beat them last year but Furman was playing their 4th string QB in that game and had a few more key players out due to injuries. Furman usually snags a good one or two out of TN each year.

I'd have to give Furman a better chance on winning it outright this year. They have also recruited well the last few years and were very young last year. I know UTC beat them last year but Furman was playing their 4th string QB in that game and had a few more key players out due to injuries. Furman usually snags a good one or two out of TN each year.

Yeah Furman has been down for the last few years, but they have been putting together some good classes and did improve alot last year. Which really now that App St. and Ga Southern are gone, Furman is going to have to step up along with UTC Samford and Wofford to kind of fill that void that those two monster programs left.

Furman so far hasn't had any one commit from Tennesse but there is still sometime left.

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

Since we are talking about Southern Conference Recruiting here is the Tennessee High Players that have committed to play in the SoCon.

UTC who has the number 2 FCS recruiting class right now has 8 commitments from TN players

QB Penny Smith 6’2 180 Knox Fulton

WR DeJuan McQuarters 5’10 165 Mitchell

TE Bailey Lenoir 6’4 235 East Hamilton

DE/OT Cameron Walker 6’4 245 McCallie

DT Zach Rasmussen 6’3 275 St. Benedict

CB CJ Fritz 5’10 173 McCallie

S Montrell Pardue 6’2 190 Clarksville Northeast

ATH Trevor Wright 6’1 170 Greeneville

ETSU currently has 17 out of 23 players committed from Tennessee so far.

Ath Hagen Owenby 6’1 205 Powell

RB JaJuan Stinson 5'8 171 Knox Central

RB/LB Zach Casey 6'0 200 Dobyns Bennett

WR Drake Powell 6’2 190 Clinton High

WR Adam Mitchell 6’3 195 Tennessee High

WR/TE Jack Defur 6’2 215 Hardin Valley

OL Patrick McFall 6’6 265 Knox Catholic

OL Matthew Pyke 6’3 297 Anderson Co.

OL/DL Calab Bartlett 6’4 264 Bearden

OL/DL Shayne Wilburn 6’6 316 Sequoyah

TE/DE Matt Brewer 6’5 228 Hardin Valley

LB Austin Mosier 6’2 220 Blackman

LB Spencer Brien 6’0 215 Gatlinburg Pittman

LB Austin Gatewood 6’1 215 East Hamilton

CB Denzell Boyd 5'8 170 McMinn Central

S Kahlil Mitchell 6'0 210 South Pittsburg

TE/DE Trevor Gilliam 6’3 272 University of Charleston by way of Dobyns Bennett

The Citadel

RB Matthew Thompson 6’0 206 Morristown East

Wofford

TE Chandler Gouger 6'3 220 Baylor

Mercer

LB Travonte Easley 6'1 193 MBA

DL Austin Barrett 6'2 286 Oakland

OL Caleb Yates 6'4 285 Oakland

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

All- State, All- Region, All- District, Defensive/Offensive MVP 2000+yds don't necessarily translate to offers...not even to the Mocs....they still look elsewhere.....it's sad that they let 3 locals get away to a team that will be in the same conference....I don't understand....it's not like they are a winning team <_< ....but I digress... :arrow:

I have disagreed with some of their recruiting decisions in the past but they are second in FCS now with several who apparently had FBS offers, it is hard to argue about their class. Are there any in particular you felt would be better than what they are getting, at their positions?

I have disagreed with some of their recruiting decisions in the past but they are second in FCS now with several who apparently had FBS offers, it is hard to argue about their class. Are there any in particular you felt would be better than what they are getting, at their positions?

the locals are asked to walk on so they can sign the juco players who dont pan out eventually. And I know some that are advised by their coaches to ignore all letters until leadership changes . They wont fill that stadium until they get great talent locally and good leadership.

That would be a very nice addition to ETSU's first class back. ETSU is doing a very good job so far of rebuilding that program as far as recruiting and hires of staff.

Connor York from Upperman is suppossedly going to ETSU. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/973171/connor-york http://csnbbs.com/thread-660728-page-8.html Edited by UpperCumberlandMan