Clarksville High & Clarksville-Northwest Coaching Openings

Clarksville still has a very challenging non-district slate with Centennial and Ravenwood on the schedule.  They may beat Goodpasture depending on what the Cougars graduate.  It won't be a "walk in the park" though.  Henry County will be among the favorites again in 5A.  Rossview and Kenwood will both be very talented and tough to beat as well.  They will HAVE TO win the games against Northeast, Northwest, and West Creek. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isaac Shelby was officially introduced as the new Head Coach for Clarksville High School.

This is a homecoming for him and most likely the beginning of a long and successful tenure.  

what happens if he goes 1-4 or 0-5 or 1-5 or 0-6 his first few games.  He has the players to win now. He better win now.

Will be an ugly site if Shelby doesn't have a STUD playing QB... They will try to run him off the same way they did Busbee. Politics got him hired and will get him fired if he doesn't find a QB.

We have a QB over here that is the stud.  Pilgrim knows.  He didn't get a chance over here and will thrive in what Shelby wants to do. Pilgrim's son will take us to the promise land.  Would have this year if given the chance.

This has been an interesting read, but I think I will go back to the wrestling forum where nobody hides behind screen names. Some of these comments are entertaining to say the least. It looks like a new troll pops up on here every week. Sounds like sour grapes to me! Congrats to Coach Shelby and Clarksville High!

We have a QB over here that is the stud.  Pilgrim knows.  He didn't get a chance over here and will thrive in what Shelby wants to do. Pilgrim's son will take us to the promise land.  Would have this year if given the chance.

A "Stud" QB even at the high school level, knows the difference between a safety and a deep linebacker.

I think the Coyotes could possibly win this one by 2 or 3 TDs if they are on there game. They are much improved at the QB position this year and have some depth. I think the West Creek @ Clarksville game should be an interesting one. If Clarksville doesn't start their Junior at QB, I think West Creek beats them.

0 for 2 in just one post, you might want to stick with wrestling

A "Stud" QB even at the high school level, knows the difference between a safety and a deep linebacker.

What are you talking about?  I know this kid would know the difference between a safety and a deep LB.  He has been to all the camps, clinics and everything that Pilgrim can get him to.  Has been told he is the best by Pilgrim.

0 for 2 in just one post, you might want to stick with wrestling

First of all, I am a West Creek parent and fan, not Clarksville High. That being said, I will always favor the Coyotes even when they are the underdog. Second, the score was 33-28 Clarksville with the winning score coming in the last moments of the game with help on a PI call. That is hardly a dominate performance against a team that is rebuilding and mediocre at best. I do have ties to Clarksville High through the wrestling program so I keep up with kids I have coached in the past and I will always pull for a guy who worked his tail off in the off-season like the Junior QB that didn't get a chance to show his abilities. I am not against the kid that started, he is a great athlete, but I think if he would have been put in the slot, used as a read option RB or in the wildcat, you could have then used the junior QB to the best of his abilities and had an offense that could get it done on the ground and in the air.

Stop hiding behind your screen name. Tell us what your name really is!

Edited by jcddmoon