ANSPA'S TOP 20 statewide overall

anspa

That is stupid and, as you know, wrong. If your intent in your "Poll" was to get as many responses as you can, congratulations. If it is meant to be accurate, you need to pay more attention.

Posted by anspa:

brentwood academy scores 60% of their points in the 4th quarter, they run it up to make themsleves look better, every game ive seen them play is nowhere near a blowout until the last 5 minutes. they put in like 4 quick td's.

[Edited by itzme on 11-6-02 12:32A]

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anspa, I echo itzme's comment. Your statement about BA running up the score on opponents is absolutely false, and, if I may say, absurd. Your poll is your poll, and you have every right to put BA 10th or wherever you want. But be sure your reasoning is decent if you expect any responses to your poll.

BA has scored the majority of its points in the 3rd Quarter, with the exception of the Father Ryan game and the PJP II game, when we were up by large margins after the half (44-0 over Ryan and 28-0 over PJP) and chose not to score for the rest of the game. I don't call that running up the score.

I'm not sure of all those teams rankings, but I will say Sweetwater should definitly be in a state top 20! I have already heard all the arguments about depth and tallent, They could give anyone in the area and state a good game and would win most of them, including the ones you mentioned os91. I see them beating even some of the teams listed above them! ;)

Do you mean like when they beat Father Ryan 44-16 last week and scored 37 of their points in the 1st quarter? Or when they beat Goodpasture 24-6 and scored a whopping 7 points in the second half? Or maybe when they beat Baylor by scoring 28 of their 42 points in the first half, and scoring once in the 4th quarter? I'm sorry my friend, but you don't know what you're talking about. BA has the ability to beat any team in this state. They lost to McCallie because McCallie played a great game and BA caught a few bad breaks. I believe BA would beat McCallie if they played again, even if McCallie was at full strength. They've blown some teams out, but they never run up a score unless they're playing MBA. ;)

Sweetwater is very good. I dont think that Sweetwater could dominate a Maryville team or Central, but i do think they could show them a fight. But i do think if Sweetwater played to potential, they could beat Central and all the teams listed by OS91. But Maryville would probably come out on top, but Sweetwater has too much heart from what i have heard.

I agree wi h Anspa. If yall dont like the poll, then shut up, or make your own. You all just seem to get mad b/c he didnt put your hometown team, or the team u root for. Give it a rest. Next, somebody will be on here wondering and complaining that Mt. Juliet isnt in the poll. You all can think what you want about the poll, but saying that BA is better than they are doesnt make it so. so just chill out. ALL OF YOU NEGATIVE PEOPLE.