ANYONE ELSE HEARING THIS?

RONDO

If you didn't notice Catholic was one of few that step down in classifications , think they cried enough to TSSAA about it not being fair and Dicky may have called in some favors with his old buddy Childers

Yea . . . but this kinda stuff cain't be ignored.  Heck . . . they got the gall to put it on ther websites.  T$$AA won't go after the "Standard Parish Subsidies" paid to the schools on behalf of catholic families, but this whole need-based "tuition support" determined by the church, not an accredited financial aide organization cain't be ignored.

TuitionSupport.jpg

Pretty sweet deal in Chattanooga.  A $350 tax-deductible gift to the church buys a $500-$3000 tuition discount.  And then can apply for need based financial aide on top of that.

Even that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) cain't ignore the SOMe PAY RACket anymore. bag.gif

Ndparishguidelines.jpg

If you didn't notice Catholic was one of few that step down in classifications , think they cried enough to TSSAA about it not being fair and Dicky may have called in some favors with his old buddy Childers

That was because we were moved up one too many classifications in the prior period and the mistake was not caught in time. We we forced to play 5 & 6A schools that had over 1,000 more students than our 650. There is a cap on the number of classifications you can be moved up with the multiplier per TSSAA guidelines.

Nice try Jammin. Next.........

That was because we were moved up one too many classifications in the prior period and the mistake was not caught in time. We we forced to play 5 & 6A schools that had over 1,000 more students than our 650. There is a cap on the number of classifications you can be moved up with the multiplier per TSSAA guidelines.

Nice try Jammin. Next.........

Well, in the playoffs you played 5A schools with about 1000 to 1300 students and that was correctly in line with the 1.8 multiplier. Maybe there were some regular season games with 6A schools that seemed unfair. Now in the regular season you have to play only 3A/4A schools exactly like any public school with 650 students would do. Having to participate in 4A playoffs is not a big stretch since you are only 100 or so students away from 4A anyway.

I don't know what to think about this "subsidy". Lots of faith affiliated schools receive contributions from churches. It seems that CAK has properly avoided TSSAA issues by requiring that people receiving individual financial assistance not participate in TSSAA sanctioned activities. The Catholic schools should have the same policy if they want to participate in the same division. Anything else is a violation of the rules that TSSAA affiliated schools are expected to follow.

Well, in the playoffs you played 5A schools with about 1000 to 1300 students and that was correctly in line with the 1.8 multiplier. Maybe there were some regular season games with 6A schools that seemed unfair. Now in the regular season you have to play only 3A/4A schools exactly like any public school with 650 students would do. Having to participate in 4A playoffs is not a big stretch since you are only 100 or so students away from 4A anyway.

I don't know what to think about this "subsidy". Lots of faith affiliated schools receive contributions from churches. It seems that CAK has properly avoided TSSAA issues by requiring that people receiving individual financial assistance not participate in TSSAA sanctioned activities. The Catholic schools should have the same policy if they want to participate in the same division. Anything else is a violation of the rules that TSSAA affiliated schools are expected to follow.

You are still missing IrishBBall's point.  It's amazing with all the rules that are brought up on here no one knows this. The TSSAA rule is a team can only be moved up one classification.  Catholic went from 3A to 5A (that's two classes).  Mr. Sompayrac didn't have to cry to anyone.  The TSSAA realized the error and they moved Catholic to 4A.  The Irish still played 5A/6A (AAA) for 4 years anyway.  Like I said when they eventually do split the privates and public's, I can't wait to see what the cries are about then. No one is ever happy unless they are unhappy.

Edited by QSouth89

You are still missing IrishBBall's point. It's amazing with all the rules that are brought up on here no one knows this. The TSSAA rule is a team can only be moved up one classification. Catholic went from 3A to 5A (that's two classes). Mr. Sompayrac didn't have to cry to anyone. The TSSAA realized the error and they moved Catholic to 4A. The Irish still played 5A/6A (AAA) for 4 years anyway. Like I said when they eventually do split the privates and public's, I can't wait to see what the cries are about then. No one is ever happy unless they are unhappy.

No, We get it. 1.8 and where-ever you end up (5A for KC) was the rule then. No mistake. If "a team can only move up one classification" was intended to be a rule at that time then KC would never have been placed in 5A. The one class up rule was not implemented until the reclassification before last season.

No, We get it. 1.8 and where-ever you end up (5A for KC) was the rule then. No mistake. If "a team can only move up one classification" was intended to be a rule at that time then KC would never have been placed in 5A. The one class up rule was not implemented until the reclassification before last season.

I seem to recall that rule being applied years ago in regard to Liberty Tech in Jackson or am I thinking about something else. Edited by QSouth89

I'm almost sure that rule has always been in effect. It was brought up when Catholic was moved up in 2009. But based on your interpretation I'm sure the rule was changed or modified just to help Dickie out huh?

The rule was put into place with the advent of the multiplier. I don't believe Catholic realized the rule was in place at that time and didn't catch the mistake at the time. When it was discovered, we knew we needed to make the move back down but were stuck until the next reclassification.

The rule was put into place with the advent of the multiplier. I don't believe Catholic realized the rule was in place at that time and didn't catch the mistake at the time. When it was discovered, we knew we needed to make the move back down but were stuck until the next reclassification.

Ouch, the way it was publicized on the last reclass I thought it was new. KC shouldn't have had to do 4 years like that though because there has been an opportunity at the 2 year mark to reclass if enrollment has changed significantly or if the school has made a conscious choice to make an allowed change in class. This coincides with the standard 2-year scheduling contracts.

I'm almost sure that rule has always been in effect. It was brought up when Catholic was moved up in 2009. But based on your interpretation I'm sure the rule was changed or modified just to help Dickie out huh?

Who is Dickie? May be a stupid question but I've seen that name mentioned a few times but have no Idea who they are talking about.

Who is Dickie? May be a stupid question but I've seen that name mentioned a few times but have no Idea who they are talking about.