T$$AA Officials

champstrain1

Wow...I guess it was devans fault that the ref absolutely inserted himself into the match...I agree and tell my boys about close matches all the time...but two boys batteling on a mat and the score being close is how good wrestlers do it...good wrestlers dont run away with matches against other good wrestlers...so by your thinking when a match is close then its the losing wrestlers fault if a ref decides a match and the winner just gets lucky...devan is the most humble kid in the world...he knows how to lose...and I dont hurt for the loss as a parent..if he loses he loses...its just high school wrestling...I doubt its gonna pay any bills in life...but I have had countless numbers of calls emails and texts from coaches and fans(folkes I dont really even kno) asking what happened..and the ones that seen it cant explain what happened. Thats y im even posting... I am getting video edited and will have it posted for all to see...and yes..devans knee was hurt in the quarters against cerrito and then he finished the job on it in the first period against fuller ..he has had a dr and trainers look at it and pre mri is torn acl...he has alot of travel..does not look good...and he wrestled the whole match like that just to get done that way by huffington...definately devans fault for keeping the match close...

The stalling should have been called 30 seconds earlier. Back points? They made up for it in the finals against Fuller though.

138 I'm guessing this ref just choked again like he admitted doing earlier at the McCallie finals when a wrestler got hosed.

170 the ref stops the match when a wrestler is going to his back and gives him a water break time out??? And then no locked hands or stalling call when he wraps up the calfs and hugs them hanging on for several seconds??? No doubt locked hands right in front of the refs face. He unlocked when the crowd yelled but when he saw the ref wasn't gonna call it he locked again to hold on.

195 no stalling call when holding the ankle for 15 seconds? No escape when they're 8 feet apart?? I guess he decided he wasn't gonna get robbed again, injured or not.

220 gave me flashbacks of the Baylor/FR match not long ago, 4 points were given in 40 seconds for the win.

These were the blatant BS calls that I saw from the finals. There's often a questionable call that's a judgement call that could go either way. No complaint there but sometimes there are some calls that are just blatantly stupid and there seemed to be more than usual this year.

There should be an evaluation program. Until then people will air it out and who can blame them? If I screwed up that bad at my job that I'm paid to do then I expect it to be addressed along with consequences. No ones gonna sweep it under the rug for me. This really isn't any different.

Yes the stalling could have been called at any time during that 30-40 second span. If it was called immediately when it should have been then it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't think the ref knew how much time was left. When the stalling continued he finally called it, just so happens there was only a few seconds left so it seemed controversial.

It usually takes at least 30 seconds if not a minute of stalling to get the call in TN. The wrestlers know this because it's what they've been conditioned to. When they go out of state they suffer because of it. When a TN ref calls it immediately or calls it 3 times in about 30 seconds then it is very inconsistent with the standard THEY have set. This causes controversy. That's why I have said many times that the inconsistency is hurting the sport in our state.

In 106 with Justice and Maxwell tied 1-1 in the third, the ref calls a headbut by Maxwell with little time left on the clock! This put the ref in the match and neither kid even had a clue nor any marking that would have shown any action like a headbut! This made it a scramble instead of an overtime match! All we saw was a tie up and a point awarded for a headbut! Congrats to Justice for being the stud and placing 3rd. Also saw some take down calls just before time ran out that were just crazy! Even other teams were commenting and voicing there doubts of the ref! What was really funny is the secondary ref told the other ref that it was not a a take down but no pride swollowed and reverse his call! This would have gone into overtime as well! Its a shame that referees get paid very well but I can see that they sometimes drop the wrong calls.

I strongly disagree. I don't know about north Georgia but I've been to the Prep Slam outside of Atlanta a few times and our refs do not compare to what they have down there. I was told once that they have some type of auditing/rating system to grade the officials but I'm not sure of the details.

If they have a rating system in GA they are hoseing more kids than the refs in TN for sure.  Lots of problems down there with young unexperienced refs.  And also old farts who do not need to be on the mat.