Knox Central Circus

TennBoy

What is the deal with Central. The AD there is starting to look like an idiot. This guy fired a coach that wanted to be there and now can't find a guy to replace him. Seems to me that this guy is incompetent. At this point I think it is becoming clear that firing the coach was a bad idea. That is what happens when you bow to parents that are not happy over their child's playing time.. I do not know at this point how he corrects this situation. It looks like the Fountain City community will have to suffer from a bad decision and the perception that no one wants to take that job.

Been told by a solid source that the announcement is imminent.  Should be done by the end of this week. 

And Central AD JD Lambert is a solid guy, and a good administrator.  Keep in mind that the AD makes recommendations.  The final decision comes jointly between the Principal and Central Office. 

Central is fortunate to have JD Lambert as its AD/AP. 

Been told by a solid source that the announcement is imminent.  Should be done by the end of this week. 

And Central AD JD Lambert is a solid guy, and a good administrator.  Keep in mind that the AD makes recommendations.  The final decision comes jointly between the Principal and Central Office. 

Central is fortunate to have JD Lambert as its AD/AP. 

I agree you can't blame this on the AD...its not like college where the AD is the final decision & can hire a coach just like that. When teaching positions have to be considiered as well its takes a little longer sometimes.

I can appreciate what you are saying HTV but this AD also said that it did not matter when the hire occurred as long as it was done before June. He said that the players would not miss much and if the coach could not make up what they missed in the months over the summer then he was not a good coach. Now he may be a great guy but that is just stupidity. I also realize that there are others involved in the process but don't tell me that this is not on him then blame a coach for wins and losses because I know at Central this past year that they could not hire coaches for the people that left for Powell because of lack of positions. This administration knew that and still did this. He is the AD so it is on him. I am just saying that if you look at the hires in Knox County recently you would see that this is not a desirable place to work right now. This is another example of an administration that has acted without thinking about what would happen. I don't know that I would say Central is fortunate but it could be worse I guess. He may be a great AD and man, I just think this has been botched badly and as the AD it falls on him.

I can appreciate what you are saying HTV but this AD also said that it did not matter when the hire occurred as long as it was done before June. He said that the players would not miss much and if the coach could not make up what they missed in the months over the summer then he was not a good coach. Now he may be a great guy but that is just stupidity. I also realize that there are others involved in the process but don't tell me that this is not on him then blame a coach for wins and losses because I know at Central this past year that they could not hire coaches for the people that left for Powell because of lack of positions. This administration knew that and still did this. He is the AD so it is on him. I am just saying that if you look at the hires in Knox County recently you would see that this is not a desirable place to work right now. This is another example of an administration that has acted without thinking about what would happen. I don't know that I would say Central is fortunate but it could be worse I guess. He may be a great AD and man, I just think this has been botched badly and as the AD it falls on him.

Knowing JD like I do, I find it hard to believe that he said what you said he did.  JD is a by the book administrator.  I can't picture a scenario where he would say that to anybody.  Just don't buy that. 

And no offense intended, but you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.  You are criticizing him for taking so long, but then you turn around and say that Central is not a desirable place to work.  Can't have it both ways. 

But it's your prerogative to put blame on whomever you will.  Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Knowing JD like I do, I find it hard to believe that he said what you said he did.  JD is a by the book administrator.  I can't picture a scenario where he would say that to anybody.  Just don't buy that. 

And no offense intended, but you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.  You are criticizing him for taking so long, but then you turn around and say that Central is not a desirable place to work.  Can't have it both ways. 

But it's your prerogative to put blame on whomever you will.  Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one

I am sorry you find that hard to believe. It is what he said. 

As far as talking out of both sides of my mouth goes, maybe I should have been more clear, I do not think that firing the coach without a clear plan was a good idea. I said that this is not a good county to work in but this has taken 2 months. Knowing your knowledge of football around here I am surprised that the length of time that this has taken does not seem to long. 

The difficulty of hiring a new coach in this county should not be a surprise to anyone with his experience. Again I did not say it was all his fault but that is his role.

We can certainly agree to disagree.

What has happen to Knox County School? When I was in school there 15 years ago it was one of the better school districts for teachers. When my wife first started teaching it was not bad, now she teaches in Hamilton County because we relocated but I don't understand why the school system as went down?

As for Central I would like to see a coach named soon. I understand in High school football you could wait until June to make a hire but I believe you would be crazy for waiting that long. But I believe someone needs to be in the weight room with the kids and getting spring ball organized. If you wait until June to make the hire you give new head coach a little of two months to prepare the players for the season.

As a former Bobcat I hope they will make a hire soon.