BEST JUNIOR IN THE STATE

loveofdagame

Guest AveryViking

Mark Byrd from Cloudland is one of the best players in the state. He plays QB and DB. He could also play running back.

Very quick and tough to bring down in the open.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen about 25 teams play this year and I dont know all the players, but from what I've seen Mario Davis from Marshall Co. looks the best. Ernest Williams is a right behind him.

I wonder how many of these Juniors are redshirts. By "redshirt", I mean either held back or failed a lower grade so that they should be a Senior instead of a Junior. I know of a couple of situations where kids were held back before even entering Kindergarten, then subsequently failed a grade. TSSAA rules state only that a player can not turn 19 before August 1 of their Senior year to remain eligible. They also can not fail (or be held back) the previous year and play the next year. I would have loved to have played as a 19-year-old! In ANY sport! Just think about how much you physically and mentally change from year-to-year when you are young. Age always seems to get lost in the shuffle when people talk about classes.

Guest AveryViking

The situation you speak of concerning holding kids back one year prior to starting kindergarten happens quite often and for most boys is really a good thing to do. Talk with a few early childhood developement instructors and they will tell you most boys benefit from this even without considering the

positive effects on their athletic capabilities given an extra years growth at the high school level.