Class AA Miss Basketball Ballots

CoachT

This thread is for Class AA Girls: The ballots have been sent to me and other voters. Please give us your suggestions. Negative comments are not affective in this thread and are not welcome!! We want to know who to consider, not who not to consider.

--------------------------------------------------

The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented for each classification prior to the championship game awards presentation for each class, respectively.  The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II will be given on Saturday, March 1 at Allen Arena on the campus of Lipscomb University in Nashville.  

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 8 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 15 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the Mr. or Miss Basketball Award.

These votes are a nominating process only.  A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification.  You may submit the names of up to three players in each classification for the awards. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. And, please, consider the statewide aspect of this voting process.

I agree that Rachel Bell is the best AA player in the state.

Someone else that should be nominated is Myah Taylor from Dyersburg. I'm not sure on her stats (I know they're definitely worthy of a nomination for Ms. Basketball), but I have saw her play multiple times this year and have come away very impressed every time. She has led the team to a 23-3 record thus far and most likely a District 13AA regular season championship. She scored 28 points against Missouri powerhouse Dexter Missouri who knocked national powerhouse Incarnate Word Academy out of the tournaments last year. Myah is definitely worthy of this nomination....

Abby Sissom from Cannon Co. is a tremendous player. Her range is limitless and a very good defender with with great length. And from the games I've seen her play this year she's really passing the ball well (setting her teammates for easy shots). She was a finalist last year and IMO should be the front runner.

Elizabethton sophomore identical twins Kelci and Kayla Marosites are probably a year away from Miss Basketball status, but one or both will be in the mix the next two seasons.  The 5'9" wings can do it all and have to be one of the best 1-2 punches in AA.  They also have 8 teammates that can play and only one is a senior.  Watch out for this team for at least 3 more seasons.

Elizabethton sophomore identical twins Kelci and Kayla Marosites are probably a year away from Miss Basketball status, but one or both will be in the mix the next two seasons.  The 5'9" wings can do it all and have to be one of the best 1-2 punches in AA.  They also have 8 teammates that can play and only one is a senior.  Watch out for this team for at least 3 more seasons.

How many points are the twins averaging? Hoping to get to see that team play again this year...

How many points are the twins averaging? Hoping to get to see that team play again this year...

Kayla averages 16 points, 6 rebounds, 2 3-point shots, and 3.4 steals a game.  Kelci is averaging 13 points, 4 rebounds, 1.5 3-point shots, and 2.3 steals a game.  They also combine for a handful of assists, deflections, and blocks each game.  The Lady Cyclones are fun to watch.