Mckenzie Arena or Cow palace?

fooseball96

Coaches demands do nothing. Every single division 2 coach voted against the region tournament format implemented this year.

The big four (+the Bros) D2 schools will have wrestled each other something like four times in the last four weeks, some of them possibly five.

I don't think that's good.

I don't know why TSSAA doesn't listen to them, did you get any reasons why, if all were unanimous against, why is it happening?

(Lets keep the dream alive of one, unified state tournament)

Edited by reftn

No problem.

Have UTC donate McKenzie for use of the State Championships.

Problem solved. 

Then the TSSAA couldn't get McKenzie because of scheduling conflicts.  That's how much UTC cared about wrestling.  That and money is why it left, you didn't take care of business on your end.

It might be worth it if you sold PSLs in McKenzie or charged $50 for a weekend pass.

Just a thought.

But let me take the opportunity to welcome you to the Cow Palace, home of the Tennessee State Wrestling Championships.

(wink)

Now I wouldn't mind see it go to the Municipal Auditorium.  That would be a great venue for wrestling.

So the cow palace is free and being donated? That's fantastic! I guess the $45 per person for the upcoming state tournament is paying for the medals? Why don't the refs donate their time for the priviledge of calling the state championship instead of demanding payment? Is that also a reflection of how much they care about the sport? That would greatly lower the cost.

The big four (+the Bros) D2 schools will have wrestled each other something like four times in the last four weeks, some of them possibly five.

I don't think that's good.

I don't know why TSSAA doesn't listen to them, did you get any reasons why, if all were unanimous against, why is it happening?

(Lets keep the dream alive of one, unified state tournament)

Baylor Mccallie match, state duals, region, state. It is ridiculous, Parker and Hoodenpyle will wrestle 4 times in a month. The TSSAA does what they choose to do for money. two more region tourneys means they can charge admission more. It is as simple as that.

I understand a split for duals, but I agree with your dream, one tourney, one champion.

So the cow palace is free and being donated? That's fantastic! I guess the $45 per person for the upcoming state tournament is paying for the medals? Why don't the refs donate their time for the priviledge of calling the state championship instead of demanding payment? Is that also a reflection of how much they care about the sport? That would greatly lower the cost.

Yes.

Baylor Mccallie match, state duals, region, state. It is ridiculous, Parker and Hoodenpyle will wrestle 4 times in a month. The TSSAA does what they choose to do for money. two more region tourneys means they can charge admission more. It is as simple as that.

I understand a split for duals, but I agree with your dream, one tourney, one champion.

It makes sense to me to have several divisions for the duals.  I can also see how it could increase participation, which is what I understand is what the split in D1 individual tourney is for.

I spoke with a gentleman this weekend who indicated that GA has six divisions and their numbers are through the roof in participation.  My question to him was it due to the six divisions of individual champions or Dual team Champions?   He couldn't answer. 

I think we are going about this backwards.  We should increase divisions in Dual Team competition.  I think it would encourage schools without programs to start them.

Imagine what a tournament draw one, combined state tournament would bring!?

Now that tssaa has brought a regional qualifier to DII, I believe that presents a solution to have one combined DI/DII individual state championship. Top 4 placers from 10 regions, 8-AAA and 2-DIIAA, qualify into a 40 man bracket. 4th place regional finishers are placed in the pigtail matches and wrestle into the 32 man seeded bracket. Preliminary round wrestle in matches would add very minimal time to the overall tournament. This format would be highly competitive in every round and attendance would be incredible for all sessions and break records for semi finals and finals.

So the venue cost was reduced, actually eliminated, was the price of admission and parking reduced accordingly? That's a significant increase in profit.

As far as the multiple classifications go, Georgia didn't increase divisions to stimulate growth, they increased divisions as a result of the growth that began at the youth level. The majority of the state opposes the addition of more divisons and are working toward lowering the amount in the near future.

Like I said before I don't care where the state championships are held but I'd love to see the presentation and atmosphere improved.

So the venue cost was reduced, actually eliminated, was the price of admission and parking reduced accordingly? That's a significant increase in profit.

As far as the multiple classifications go, Georgia didn't increase divisions to stimulate growth, they increased divisions as a result of the growth that began at the youth level. The majority of the state opposes the addition of more divisons and are working toward lowering the amount in the near future.

Like I said before I don't care where the state championships are held but I'd love to see the presentation and atmosphere improved.

I never heard the reasons why the split on D1 individual except to increase participation.  If that is the case, then you are only adding one more champion per weight class, and 56 medals overall.

I understand the push for every little johnny to get a ribbon, but that to me makes more a case to increase divisions in the duals.  If you have 40 kids on your wrestling mat and win the A, AA, AAA, AAAA, or AAAAA division you have kids that can all claim a state championship in the same way football can.  Great!  Wonderful!

But lets continue to celebrate our sport in the individual tournament!, as the Lord meant it to be.

Ask Jacob!

Totally agree with your last comment.

Who do you think would oppose one individual tournament today?  What schools?

The ones who ruined it for us in the first place. The ones who couldn't compete with that level of competition. The problem is the dominant percentage the average. They choose to vote for the easier path rather than put on their work boots and climb to the top.