Mckenzie Arena or Cow palace?

fooseball96

Having been lucky enough to have a finalist in both venues, my opinion is the pig and cow palace should be just that, a Pig and Cow palace...

Place has no personality at all .....kinda like raider 76

Hope the future rasslers will get to experience the electricity of the Roundhouse that my boys did years ago...

Good luck to all that toe the line

Bcb iii

Having been lucky enough to have a finalist in both venues, my opinion is the pig and cow palace should be just that, a Pig and Cow palace...

Place has no personality at all .....kinda like raider 76

Hope the future rasslers will get to experience the electricity of the Roundhouse that my boys did years ago...

Good luck to all that toe the line

Bcb iii

Personality. Yes that's it different parts of the state cheering for thier wrestlers and grouping together to cheer against well mostly Bradley wrestlers during that amazing run. Certain er characters such as a unnamed bead wearer. UTC had it because of the people the fans the way it was like you were sitting together. Now that said when it was at MCCellan it was like sitting on rocks or a long bus ride. You couldn't be comfortable. Never missed til they moved to the a Palace now I never go. But I do miss the boos the cheers the way you got to see kids you've followed for years and thier family celebrate the wins and deal with the losses. If it's as bad as they say I'm glad I don't go pretty sure at my age I wouldn't care for MCCellan any more either. Keep it in middle and find a better venue. Fair as it can get I guess

We, the fans, the wrestlers, the coaches, the refs, we all deserve for this to be a gigantic tourney. Go all out. Unfortunately they're only about making money and the cow palace is free. How could we lay this out to the TSSAA as an opportunity to MAKE money not to LOSE it?

Well it looks like they save plenty (TSSAA)  Years of hard work, giving up on time with friends and family. Finally get to high school , Make it to the podium in the region and not want to wear your medal because it looks like a quarter on a lanyard. When my son walked up I said did you drop the medal or break the clip already?  He held it up and said "It's right hear"   I saw the clip holding it before I saw the medal.  Not asking for real gold and silver but c'mon. disappointment on my boys face because of expectations that it is a higher level achievement and out of 7 years wrestling the worst hardware ever.  Way to make the kids proud

Well it looks like they save plenty (TSSAA)  Years of hard work, giving up on time with friends and family. Finally get to high school , Make it to the podium in the region and not want to wear your medal because it looks like a quarter on a lanyard. When my son walked up I said did you drop the medal or break the clip already?  He held it up and said "It's right hear"   I saw the clip holding it before I saw the medal.  Not asking for real gold and silver but c'mon. disappointment on my boys face because of expectations that it is a higher level achievement and out of 7 years wrestling the worst hardware ever.  Way to make the kids proud

TO be honest Buckeye the state medals are not real nice. The aau leagues really spoil the kids with those big ole medals. I was shocked at first when I first saw the state medals ten season ago. I then later realized the record and the honor of the podium is the thing kids remember... a medal will not last but the name on the record books will forever be there. That is what is important any way.

• Upvote 1

Are the football state championships held on a cow pasture?

How could your kid wear his region medal? Ours didn't even have a ribbon, results of a 100% profit venue??

I saw a wrestler dropped his on the gym floor when taking it out of its baggie, poor fellow cracked his region medal.

Its not all about the hardware but it is about the recognition of accomplishment. You don't have to have a ceremony and wear a tie and cap and gown to graduate but we still do to recognize and celebrate our youth's accomplishments to stress the significance of their achievements.

I agree on the medals.  The absolute least that could be done would be to attach them to a ribbon which could hang around the neck.

It seems cheap to me.  There are a couple other big tournaments in TN that do not provide a lanyard either and I felt the same way. When I see those kids on the podium holding up the small plastic bag it seems sad. 

Same goes for the state medals.  Can we not afford a bigger medal?