Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

Albertpine, totally agree with your “Webb†comment! Totally agree with nonUTfan #152 comment as well.

Excluding all TV games, scrimmages and jamborees, tonight will be something like my 8th game attended. Best game to date was Cumberland vs Cumberlands last Saturday. Exciting, well coached and well played on both sides of the ball! Mt. Juliet HS has also been playing solid ball since their opener.

This year and the last game against the 8th grade Zion Christian Academy, the right offensive guard #59 (who also played dtackle) open stepped with feet parallel to the side line and perpendicular to the line of scrimmage, opening a lane of 3-4 feet between himself and the tackle on every pass play. Combine this open lane with the other pressure, Katie bar the door! The QB was in peril at all times. Absolutely the most bazaar thing I’ve ever seen. In a nutshell, if you have the better athletes and playing poor competition then you should win going away. A true measure often does not lie in wins and losses, it lies in how well you play and competed.

GoldTrident, your comment One of their coaches, during halftime of a game where they were down by 21, told the visiting crowd to just wait on these 8th graders to come up.  They would be dominating by their junior year. OMG (goodness), that a boy, coach! The fans can’t wait! Show me, don’t snow me is the old saying. Proof is in the pudding! Always was and always will! Show football improvement and skill, not we’re bigger, stronger and faster than everyone, because everyone who trains gets bigger, stronger and faster. How you put it altogether makes all the difference in the world. What was his definition of dominating? Did he mention the MJCA 5-6 grade football teams or the number of games they won and skill skill levels from last year or this year?  In addition to seeing the 5-6 grade teams, I saw several  MJCA 8th grade games where they won every game, last year. Saw a bunch of plays being run. Good plays but not exactly executed with skill and technique. Often outnumbered the defense with motion, without any defensive adjustments and without any decent pursuit by the opponents etc. So if he refers to this as dominating or their defense as dominating and it’s commonly believed, then fans can wait 4 years of 40 years and it probably won’t matter. 

I am speaking with experience when I say that parents at most schools do not welcome great athletes from the outside with open arms.  For most it seems as they perceive it as a turf war and they are offended if someone takes "Little Johnnies" premier position.  They would rather "Little Johnny" play and the team take a loss than allow the outsider to play the premier position and the team win. 

As for the sportsmanship, fair play, competition, etc...that is all great but let's not forget that Reverend Spurrier (Steve Spurrier's father) told his Little League team that those things were not the goal, the goal is to win games and championships.

Totally disagree with "Reverend Spurrier's philosophy, if true. Having been around athletics all of my life, I found just the opposite of what you speak of with your experience. With that type of dynamic and internal politics they show an extremely poor example to those they serve.

Albertpine, totally agree with your “Webb†comment! Totally agree with nonUTfan #152 comment as well.

Excluding all TV games, scrimmages and jamborees, tonight will be something like my 8th game attended. Best game to date was Cumberland vs Cumberlands last Saturday. Exciting, well coached and well played on both sides of the ball! Mt. Juliet HS has also been playing solid ball since their opener.

This year and the last game against the 8th grade Zion Christian Academy, the right offensive guard #59 (who also played dtackle) open stepped with feet parallel to the side line and perpendicular to the line of scrimmage, opening a lane of 3-4 feet between himself and the tackle on every pass play. Combine this open lane with the other pressure, Katie bar the door! The QB was in peril at all times. Absolutely the most bazaar thing I’ve ever seen. In a nutshell, if you have the better athletes and playing poor competition then you should win going away. A true measure often does not lie in wins and losses, it lies in how well you play and competed.

GoldTrident, your comment One of their coaches, during halftime of a game where they were down by 21, told the visiting crowd to just wait on these 8th graders to come up.  They would be dominating by their junior year. OMG (goodness), that a boy, coach! The fans can’t wait! Show me, don’t snow me is the old saying. Proof is in the pudding! Always was and always will! Show football improvement and skill, not we’re bigger, stronger and faster than everyone, because everyone who trains gets bigger, stronger and faster. How you put it altogether makes all the difference in the world. What was his definition of dominating? Did he mention the MJCA 5-6 grade football teams or the number of games they won and skill skill levels from last year or this year?  In addition to seeing the 5-6 grade teams, I saw several  MJCA 8th grade games where they won every game, last year. Saw a bunch of plays being run. Good plays but not exactly executed with skill and technique. Often outnumbered the defense with motion, without any defensive adjustments and without any decent pursuit by the opponents etc. So if he refers to this as dominating or their defense as dominating and it’s commonly believed, then fans can wait 4 years of 40 years and it probably won’t matter. 

The FCS 7/8 grade team went 8-0 last year as well.  We will see in the next three years how MJCA stacks up against them.

The FCS 7/8 grade team went 8-0 last year as well.  We will see in the next three years how MJCA stacks up against them.

The biggest difference between those two middle school programs last year though is FCS went 8-0 against real TSSAA schools (District 8 & DIV II E/M 1 & 2).  MJCA only played MTAC and rec-type programs.  Not too hard to go 8-0 against programs that don't even have a 2nd string.

Edited by AlbertPine

The biggest defference between those two middle school programs last year though is FCS went 8-0 against real TSSAA schools (District 8 & DIV II E/M 1 & 2).  MJCA only played MTAC and rec-type programs.  Not too hard to go 8-0 against programs that don't even have a 2nd string.

Correct.  MJCA canceled the two scheduled baseball games against FCS and refused to reschedule. 

AlbertPine and GoldTrident opened CoachT accounts for the sole purpose of coming on here to bash a school like MJCA?????  Y'all are pitiful.

If you represent typical FCS supporters, they may as well take the "C" out of the name and just call it Friendship School.  

If you took the "C" out of the name of my school we'd be "osby"  

• Upvote 1

AlbertPine and GoldTrident opened CoachT accounts for the sole purpose of coming on here to bash a school like MJCA?????  Y'all are pitiful.

If you represent typical FCS supporters, they may as well take the "C" out of the name and just call it Friendship School.  

Nope, I'll be around awhile.  Let me know if anything I posted in only 2 statements was incorrect.  The truth is a harsh reality sometimes.  I didn't even bring up that the middle school baseball squad used an illegal player that under TSSAA rules couldn't transfer from Southside to MJCA midseason playing on both squads.  Everyone ignored that at MJCA because they 'won' a made up conference against home-school players. 

“When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourselfâ€

― Earl Nightingale

Nope, I'll be around awhile.  Let me know if anything I posted in only 2 statements was incorrect.  The truth is a harsh reality sometimes.  I didn't even bring up that the middle school baseball squad used an illegal player that under TSSAA rules couldn't transfer from Southside to MJCA midseason playing on both squads.  Everyone ignored that at MJCA because they 'won' a made up conference against home-school players. 

― Earl Nightingale

So to be clear here, you are contending that MTCS, Davidson Academy, Harding, and Clarksville Academy are all fielding baseball teams of "middle school home-school players"

― Earl Nightingale

Every post of yours on this thread is a direct attack on MJCA.  Mr. Nightingale was correct - you are making FCA look bad.

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

-- American Proverb