Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

Every post of yours on this thread is a direct attack on MJCA.  Mr. Nightingale was correct - you are making FCA look bad.

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

-- American Proverb

Not a spokesman for any school  But you got me curious.  Who is FCA?  I got on TSSAA's website and that school doesn't exist.

"Information is not knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Not a spokesman for any school  But you got me curious.  Who is FCA?  I got on TSSAA's website and that school doesn't exist.

"Information is not knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Great job - I knew you were capable of penning a post reflecting no vicious hatred for a small school that doesn't win much of anything.  

â€œConfidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.†  - Eoin Colfer

btw:  FCA is "Fellowship of Christian Athletes".  FCS is "Friendship Christian School".  Hopefully, the two entities have more in common that a word in their titles.  

Edited by RedRobin1

The biggest difference between those two middle school programs last year though is FCS went 8-0 against real TSSAA schools (District 8 & DIV II E/M 1 & 2).  MJCA only played MTAC and rec-type programs.  Not too hard to go 8-0 against programs that don't even have a 2nd string.

The biggest difference period is players. Colleges recruit because it is about players. MJCA is what it is. When they compete with schools and the score is close or they win it is because of players. Likewise ,when it goes the other way,same reason. It happens at all levels every week .

Edited by runtheball

Until MJCA plays Webb, they are not serious.  Taking a forfeit each year is pitiful and a terrible example for all of the athletes at this school.  I would be embarrassed to be part of a program that doesn't play all of the squads in the district.  First thing the new coach needs to demand is to make sure in 2015, they play the schedule TSSAA puts out for their squad.  If they skip Webb again next year under the new coaches watch ... just pitiful.  They should switch to MTAC or flag football.

I understand that MJCA will have to play Webb from this season forward or leave the region. 

"If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good."

Thomas J. Watson

Interesting quote.  Could be applied to both sides of the ball from what I'm reading in this string ....

I need to add "Discipline" to the following of a previous post regarding competitiveness. 

MJCA can certainly be a winning football program and be built! The pronouncement this year will be in improvement verses good competition. Competitiveness comes in terms of skill development, scheme and technique soundness and having fun playing the game itself.  I personally hope this current coach is good at what he does except his quotes in the Lebanon Democrat has open the door that has me wondering quite a bit?  In their second loss to Middle TN Christian,  "It is about missed tackles,†Mt. Juliet Christian coach Dan Davis said after his Saints slipped to 0-2. “We have to go back to tackling and learning how to do that. We are getting better every week and are getting ready for the district." Two weeks prior in the home opening loss to Whitwell, he said, "There were a lot of missed tackles," Dan Davis said following his debut game as Mt. Juliet Christian coach. "We spotted them way too many points early. That changes our game plan." Offensively gaining 116 yards and given up 1042 yards in two games won't be as ugly if MJCA steadily improves and develops into a sound football team? 

We attended the Ezell Harding game which was overwhelmed with penalties. The amount of calls that have gone against MJCA were incredible. Ezell deserved their first win as they played better overall. Our thinking, this was just a bad day for the Saints, However, the MtJulietnews.com reported the week prior, “You get long gainers, you get a holding penalty, you get down inside the twenty a couple of times, hold, things of that nature will pull you out,†said Saints coach Dan Davis after Mt. Juliet Christian fell to 0-3, vs Oakdale. Following up on that story, a fan commented that if there were 10 holding penalties then there were 15 holding penalties as well as other penalties against MJCA, at home, in the Oakdale game. Davis went on to say “We have to work on cleaning up the details.†

In football, a team must win the turnover battle and minimize penalties. There were at least 3 interceptions and three fumbles for the Saints as well. 

Real test?  Huntland wins this by at least 3 TDs.

This isn't the real 'test'.  That will come on October 10th against Pickett County.  Who gets the first win ... Coach Davis or the first female High School football head coach in Tennessee history?  My money is on Coach Garner.

Edited by AlbertPine