AA State Tournament Predictions: Who ya got?

coachh17

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that is not the state tournament list.

Fair enough, and I agree with you.... but I still do like CAK to win and build on what they accomplished last year.  

If they work hard enough and team play with enough aggressiveness, they could           go           all           the                 way.

Edited by BRPro

I can 110% guarantee that not all of the girls are as OK with this move as some are making it seem. There are girls that have worked so hard during preseason and during the entire year who will lose playing time now, that they have earned, because it seems someone will try to win at any cost. What kind of message is that sending to these young ladies for life? Yes, some may say that it was "voted" on. But I'll tell you this, intimidation can play a huge role when it comes to high school females.

Dad (MLB) seems to have made a move to win a state championship freshman year, came back because he thought he could make it happen sophomore year. Dad then got Coach fired mid season when things weren't going well, and now pulled out all the stops to turn things around. Will Coach get to stay if CAK wins the gold ball?

I've been saying CAK is playing better and coming together as a team. I have said I thought they would make a deep post season run. And I'm sure they still will. However, I don't think this is fair to all of the young ladies in the program.

As a disclaimer I will say, this is not the returning young ladies fault at all. If she wants to play with her friends then that is fine. Often times there are adults in power however who see the whole picture and care more about ALL of their student-athletes than just winning.

I just heard Cheyenne Hooper the 6'6" center is returning to the CAK team and will be available at the start of the Regional Tournmen. With this development I say watch out for CAK. They made a run at the State last year and made in the to the semifinals. With Hooper they will be a tough team to beat. Cannon County had all kinda problems with them last year.

I think you have to consider Elizabethton, Grainger, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Sullivan East, and CAK to be the top teams competeing for the 2 spots to make it to State. Going to be some really good teams that have to stay home. Oops forgot about Fulton. Going to be a battle for sure.

Edited by MtJBears

I just heard Cheyenne Hooper the 6'6" center is returning to the CAK team and will be available at the start of the Regional Tournmen. With this development I say watch out for CAK. They made a run at the State last year and made in the to the semifinals. With Hooper they will be a tough team to beat. Cannon County had all kinda problems with them last year.

I think you have to consider Elizabethton, Grainger, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Sullivan East, and CAK to be the top teams competeing for the 2 spots to make it to State. Going to be some really good teams that have to stay home. Oops forgot about Fulton. Going to be a battle for sure.

I hope Cannon Co. gets another shot at them.  We are a different team than last years.

Cannonpride

I hope two teams meet as well. I am sure CC is much improved. If Hooper plays and gets to the dance it will be fun. CAK will return with all 5 starters from last years squad plus the addition of Briana Bryant who was injured last year at this time. She is a fantastic player and has changed the dynamic of this team. Anna Hammaker is playing much better this year as well. Hooper is a whole nother animal. Same height and reach and she is so much stronger than last year. I don't think anybody will be able to push her off the blocks this year. She is a beast. Throw in Hietzman, Nailer, Cross and Dodson and you have the complete package. The big question will be if adding Hooper back into the mix will help or screw up the chemistry. That remains to be seen. I am sure CAK would love a rematch with Cannon County. They just have to get there first. As it was said earlier. This will be a tough region to make it out of.