AA State Tournament Predictions: Who ya got?

coachh17

If Elizabethton brings half the intensity that they had tonight, I can see them doing wonderful things in the near future!

They are my pick to win it all. Dyersburg is my sleeper pick. Very talented, but have not been on the big stage in a while and I am not sold on their coach in close games. I thought the big girl was playing for CAK. Probably a good move by the coach if she isn't. If I was the coach, I wouldn't let her play. If he let her by with it, he has to let them all by with it in my book. Rules are team rules. I don't think it matters. I am going with Elizabethton to beat CAK with or without her and win it all. They were a very good team last year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are my pick to win it all. Dyersburg is my sleeper pick. Very talented, but have not been on the big stage in a while and I am not sold on their coach in close games. I thought the big girl was playing for CAK. Probably a good move by the coach if she isn't. If I was the coach, I wouldn't let her play. If he let her by with it, he has to let them all by with it in my book. Rules are team rules. I don't think it matters. I am going with Elizabethton to beat CAK with or without her and win it all. They were a very good team last year.

Pioneer I hope your right and this group of girls is the most unselfish group I have ever been around and are fun to watch and don't forget they are a young team that know how to win.

Pioneer I hope your right and this group of girls is the most unselfish group I have ever been around and are fun to watch and don't forget they are a young team that know how to win.

You guys come close last year. Yow had CPA on the ropes and lost a close one. When we had that kind of talent, I felt the same way about us. I just thought you guys had the most talent coming back last year. And you guys have been on a roll of late. CAK had good talent coming back as well, but with the big girl out it's going to be tough. I watched Cannon County and LA last year and I thought you guys had better players than them as well. Creekwood I don't know about, but they weren't there last year. Dyersburg is the best team from the west, but I don't know if they can handle the big stage. Westview has to go to Covington to get there now, so I think they have a tough road. I talked to several Elizabethton fans last year and they said a lot of your team never lost a game in their younger years. But, good luck Sat. Night. Know you guys have to get there first.

You guys come close last year. Yow had CPA on the ropes and lost a close one. When we had that kind of talent, I felt the same way about us. I just thought you guys had the most talent coming back last year. And you guys have been on a roll of late. CAK had good talent coming back as well, but with the big girl out it's going to be tough. I watched Cannon County and LA last year and I thought you guys had better players than them as well. Creekwood I don't know about, but they weren't there last year. Dyersburg is the best team from the west, but I don't know if they can handle the big stage. Westview has to go to Covington to get there now, so I think they have a tough road. I talked to several Elizabethton fans last year and they said a lot of your team never lost a game in their younger years. But, good luck Sat. Night. Know you guys have to get there first.

Yes CAK first and then worry about the rest.

The District Tournaments are just about set to begin.  AA looks like it will be a lot of fun this year and appears to have no clear cut favorite.  Who will navigate the pitfalls and hurdles and make it to Murfreesboro?  Here are my picks:

CAK-  (Hammaker can score 40 if you do not game plan to slow her down)

Elizabethton-  (Marosites twins are fun to watch and the Lady Cyclones are deep and talented)

Cannon County-  (I know Sissom can light it up)

Livingston Academy-  (loaded with tradition and just beat Cannon)

Creek Wood-  (Bell is a great player, had a couple of losses at Boone tournament that surprised me)

Martin Luther King-  (I know nothing about this team)

Dyersburg-  (I know nothing about this team)

Westview-  (Great tradition and seem to be peaking at the right time)

Please give predictions and tell us about your teams.

Game day!  I cannot get all 8 state tournament teams right now because CAK and Elizabethton are playing each other.  I had thought that CAK would beat Fulton.  From reading posts from the west, many think that Westview could lose to Covington.  I hope everyone stays healthy, that the referees have a good night, and that every team brings their best game.  It should be an exciting night.

Yes good job coach, I may need some help with my NCAA picks this year. I thought Elizabethton would struggle when the senior went down in the start of the third but a freshman stepped in and hit a couple of quick buckets and you could see those kids respond. They have something to play for now. Win it all for their leader.

At Christmas I felt like Dyersburg would make the final 8 but would struggle to compete at the big dance. However, the last 2 weeks have seen much improved defense and team play. They are very athletic and every player on the floor can shoot the 3 with 4 or 5 girls that shoot it WELL consistently.  If they can get over the initial bought of nerves early - they may surprise some people in the boro.

At Christmas I felt like Dyersburg would make the final 8 but would struggle to compete at the big dance. However, the last 2 weeks have seen much improved defense and team play. They are very athletic and every player on the floor can shoot the 3 with 4 or 5 girls that shoot it WELL consistently.  If they can get over the initial bought of nerves early - they may surprise some people in the boro.

All the teams going to Boro are capable of winning because it's the best teams in TN.