14 FFTs in Round 1?

JBoskenUSAW

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the news article, you decide. I say he was robbed by the ongoing story of the TSSAA refs trying to insert themselves into the action.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20140213/SPORTS08/302130055/Favorite-Garrison-disqualified-state-wrestling-tournament

The doctor did not clear him after the ref's noted a skin issue......when in doubt have a doctors note......you know that WG....

1. If the designated onsite doc says he has an active cold sore that has not been treated then she can overrule a doctor's note. So being prepared might have discouraged the on site doc from an over diagnosis but it wouldn't have trumped the on site call.

2. I would take my kid to a lab and check hsv1/2 antibodies for IgG and IgM and if it was negative I would repeat it in 6 weeks if that is negative then the diagnosis was wrong. If it is positive it could have been correct but not necessarily.

The athlete advised the news it was a cut on the lip. Then the news reported it... It was in the news so it had to be true. Did the news interview the doctor? Dang referees doing their job again by the book .. Sending the athlete to the on site physician. The kid was undefeated could have looked the other way......or the next kid was barely out of bounds with the reversal ... Or only locked hands for a second. The refs have a tough job and most of them do a pretty good job at it.... Shouldn't pile on when they go by the book. I was always taught don't leave it in the refs hands.