Region 7A Tournament

GCPioneer

It would take a verrry good shooting night for GC to beat UC because GC will not win the battle in the paint..The key for GC is getting turnovers off the press making points out of them and take care of the ball..In the region tourny anything can happen. .The refs seem to get a little crazier in the regional tourny so you better put your big girl shorts on and get ready to play.

You're exactly right. Gc has yet to have a good shooting night against uc. A lot of that has to do with our girls rushing shots due to length. But we missed several open ones as well the other night. Refs could have a huge impact between these two teams. A crew that let's them bang and play physical gives union city advantage. But a crew that maybe comes in and tried to control game and keep everyone in check would give the smaller players of gc a better chance. I expect we will see these 2 play at least once more.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon was had the wind taken out of their sails with 2 girls tearing ACL's within the last two weeks. This has been very traumatic for the whole team. But don't count them out yet. They still have a lot of heart and fight left in them.

oh wow! That is very tough for you guys. Do you mind sharing what two players it was.

1st round:

4 seed 13A McKenzie (11-18)  @ 1 seed 14A Union City (30-0)

3 seed 14A Greenfield (19-9) @ 2 seed 13A Huntingdon (26-3)

3 seed 13A West Carroll (21-5) @ 2 seed 14A Gibson Co. (27-4)

4 seed 14A Lake Co. (15-10) @ 1 seed 13A Dresden (24-5)

Second round and championship will move to South Fulton

UC beats Mckenzie (easily)

Greenfield beats Huntingdon (prediction by 10)

GC beats WC (prediction by 15)

Dresden beats LC (prediction by 15)

UC beats Greenfield

GC beats Dresden

UC v GC (in a close one in Region title game)

UC beats Mckenzie (easily)

Greenfield beats Huntingdon (prediction by 10)

GC beats WC (prediction by 15)

Dresden beats LC (prediction by 15)

UC beats Greenfield

GC beats Dresden

UC v GC (in a close one in Region title game)

I agree with all your picks.Think my Lady falcons are the only 14A team to taste defeat.Just don't have the talent.I think it will be Union city and gibson co in the championship

Yea... no kidding... Lake Co. DOES have a chance against Dresden if they come to play. 

GC, you going to the game tonight in Dyer? I went over there last night to an empty parking lot. I promised my neices, who go to South Gibson I would take them Fri. Night to Chester County not knowing the GC game would be cancelled Thur. Night. If so, could you give me your cell and I will text you score updates periodically? Mine is 731-343-5660.