Region 7A Tournament

GCPioneer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we gonna see how Middleton really is Saturday night..Spot for Spot..I cant see UC losing at home but we will see becsuse it is what it is now!..You gotta put your big girl shorts on and lace it up for a shot at the Gold. Ball!

I think Union City will win but I think it'll be a dog fight. This will be a very interesting matchup. Union City is big, physical, and athletic.... Middleton is big, quick, and athletic... Battle of 2 good teams! I will be there for sure! Edited by GCPioneer

We were the better team, just not on that night. I think a zone would've been a good idea as well, but it is what it is.

JCS/Dresden for a shot at Murfreesboro... Definitely not something you hear of too often...

Been waiting for you to say that.  You said the same thing about the boys team.  The only time it matters is on game night.  Dresden won and is still playing while your team will be cheering for another team. You also said that the 7th grade class is the class you are excited about.  Dresden 7th grade team pounded Dyer the other night by 25 plus so it must not take much to excite you.

I have seen Dresden, Gibson, JCS, Union City.  If I were ranking these teams I would say Union City, Dresden, Gibson County, JCS.  I believe Union City and Dresden both win Sub-State games and move on to the Boro.  When UC decides to play it is game,set, and match.  When Hatchel plays for Dresden they are very very good.  In my opinion Dresden was better than Gibson County and is better than Gibson County.  hatchel and McAlpin were unstoppable, #4 was unstoppable for GC, if you play Dresden zone you better pray they are off shooting or they will eat your lunch.  Either way I am pulling for Union City, Dresden, Westview, adn Dyersburg.  I hope they can represent West TN well....

Been waiting for you to say that. You said the same thing about the boys team. The only time it matters is on game night. Dresden won and is still playing while your team will be cheering for another team. You also said that the 7th grade class is the class you are excited about. Dresden 7th grade team pounded Dyer the other night by 25 plus so it must not take much to excite you.

Haha... This post is not worth replying to, but I will anyways... Just remember, what you have at Dresden Middle is all you will have at Dresden High. We combine kids from Rutherford, Dyer, Spring Hill and Yorkville. Rutherford is the best group over here. I assure you, you would not and will not beat that group alone by 25. Now, combine the pieces from the different schools and we beat you by 25.

As for waiting for me to say that about the games... It's because you know it's true. You guys missed less than 10 shots all night. That will never happen again. I knew you guys would have a let down against Union City because there was no way possible you guys could play like you did against us against Union City... As simple as that. As for the boys game, if we had any type of post presence that game to contain your 1 post player, we win. We were better at the other 4 spots on the floor and that's the truth. Also, we hit that wide open lay up with seconds remaining, you guys don't even have to worry about getting thumped by Humboldt.

Now don't get me wrong on my post either. Dresden girls are a very sound team and I like Hatchells game. She's a baller. I also think that Coach West is a great coach as well. Dresden has my respect, they beat us. You guys have a legit shot at beating JCS. I think you guys match up with each other very well. Good luck in substate and state if you make it!

Haha... This post is not worth replying to, but I will anyways... Just remember, what you have at Dresden Middle is all you will have at Dresden High. We combine kids from Rutherford, Dyer, Spring Hill and Yorkville. Rutherford is the best group over here. I assure you, you would not and will not beat that group alone by 25. Now, combine the pieces from the different schools and we beat you by 25.

I'm saying this with the upmost respect for Gibson County Girl's basketball & the talent that you all put out. Let us know when you all host some play days again. We would welcome the challenge. Our 6th & 7th grade girls have been playing well & we're always looking for some games.

I'm saying this with the upmost respect for Gibson County Girl's basketball & the talent that you all put out. Let us know when you all host some play days again. We would welcome the challenge. Our 6th & 7th grade girls have been playing well & we're always looking for some games.

Yea and in no way am I trying to bash or degrade Dresdens program either. I think Coach West is one of the best coaches around here. I'm also friends with Nathan Russell at the middle school. Those two together have done a great job with the womens basketball over there. As I've stated in another thread, we will not be able to compete at an extremely high level in middle school due to the lack of our school district not wanting to combine the middle school teams. If they were to combine all of these teams, they would be scary good and just make us that much better at the high school level. It's a puzzle that has not been put together yet. I really hope our school district will see the light and combine these middle school teams for all sports.

And the beating you by 25 was an overstatement as well. That isn't a fair statement to make. I just know we would be a lot better than that Dyer team if all of the kids in the 4 schools were combined together as 1 team.

Edited by GCPioneer

Been waiting for you to say that.  You said the same thing about the boys team.  The only time it matters is on game night.  Dresden won and is still playing while your team will be cheering for another team. You also said that the 7th grade class is the class you are excited about.  Dresden 7th grade team pounded Dyer the other night by 25 plus so it must not take much to excite you.

Don't forget you have Dyer, Rutherford, Kenton, Spring Hill and Yorkville. to deal with. So, I wouldn't get all excited about beating one school.

This misconception about Union City's schedule is frustrating really...Union City can't do anything about the other teams in their district, they HAVE to play them....The only decent teams were us, Gibson Co and G-field....Suitor did do something about his out-of-district schedule though...UC has beaten a 23-win Westview team twice,a 25-win Dyer County team, a 22-win Boyd Co.,KY team , a 21-win Paducah Tighlman,KY team (who owns wins over Dyersburg +3,Middleton +8 and Dresden +12), a 23-win Livingston Acd team, a 20-win Lipscomb team and 28-win Gibson County team 3 times....

Greenfield shook Union City up so bad they ended up winning by 11 points....That's what the good teams do.They respond to the other team's runs...UC has had the bulls-eye on their backs all year and have been getting everyone's best shot....Everybody wants to be the "one" on UC's loss column...That's pressure in itself right there...

It must bite to have to live vicariously through another team...Why don't you just take off the old Black and Orange, Gfieldfan and get some Blue and White and just become a JC fan....And all the garbage about wishing UC luck and being "disappointed" by UC ??...Come on man !!!...You don't give two rips about Union City and never have....SMH....And btw, I haven't seen you posting much on either the boys or girls side in awhile....

I agree with UC cant help having to play the teams in their district.They have played some good teams outside their district.Just like Lake Co a few years ago.Union City only had Gibson co and Greenfield and Lake Co had Union city,Greenfield and Bradford as the teams to give them a challenge.Lake Co went out of state for tournaments and played Liberty,Southside,Central,Westview etc.But just like the Lake Co team,I think this year has to be Union City's year.I think the well has run dry after this year,Raven Fair will be back just as Tiana Gray was for Lake Co but wont have much help.Looks to be Gibson Co with maybe Greenfield the next several seasons.Next year I expect Middleton and Gibbon Co to be the two best teams in our area.in Single a.Think Gibson Co and maybe Greenfield will be saying the same thing next year and maybe a few years after that.We cant help the teams we play in the district.I think Lake Co will be maybe the third best team in the district next year,could be between them and Union city.Lake Co has some good looking middle school players and probably about 3 or 4 years away.

Don't forget you have Dyer, Rutherford, Kenton, Spring Hill and Yorkville. to deal with. So, I wouldn't get all excited about beating one school.

I agree with GC Pioneer about if they combined to just 1 team they would be scary.Lake Road,Hillcrest and I believe Oak hill and Ridgemont did that in Obion co and they were very good in football.Lake Co with only their one school has to play these guys as well as Northview which gets kids from Trimble and Newbern..Dyersburg,three Oaks,all bigger schoools and feeder schools for Dyersburg,Dyer co etc.And have more than held their own.Plus my thinking is that Lake Co is playing all these bigger schools with great talent so when they get to high school,they will have alrready played against the best and not be intimidated.And those athletes will be playing Double a and Triple A so like Lake Co having played those guys and will be in single a.Look for Union City and Lake Co to be very good in boys basketball the next 5 or 6 years.Union city and Lake Co only has 1 senior starting on their high school teams.Both had very strong middle school teams and Lake Co is starting a couple good looking seventh graders at the middle school.I believe South Fulton and Gibson co will also have strong programs.And then youhave Humboldt,always strong,a very good looking young Halls team and probably Trenton in years to come.Heard they had maybe the best middle school team in the area.So District 14 has been known to be the toughest district in the state and in years coming,think it's going to be even tougher with all these teams .But in getting back to the feeder schools.Yes would be a tough team but also take away from the other schools by having more players.And who knows if a player that is playing at his school and doesnt get tp play at all may not get much better.I remember Tony Delk as a freshman and sophomore and it seems like after that he wasnt the same player.Could be the same for one of thses players.By at least being on the court,will get better.May make for a stronger team but not sure if it will in the long run..