Parents in stands @ State

HSDAD

Well another year has come and gone.  I was able to witness some

very happy and proud parents in the stands this year.  Yes, some

people were a little annoying, especially a relative of a D1 wrestler

who was wrestling a wounded opponent. WOW ! 

I had an opportunity to sit with a group of family members from WV

on Saturday. They were very pleasant and very supportive of their

kids as well as others from their area.  Especially Ms. Raulston and

her tight group of friends.  Billy is lucky to have such a loving and

supportive mother.  Good luck to you guys!

Edited by HSDAD

Seriously I dont get the seriously wounded wrestling at a state level competition?  I love the heart but question the wisdom, just because you cant further damage the specific issue it can certainly lead to over compensation and damaging other areas.  I also observed suspected wounded wrestler win some matches, knock many out of contention, and gut it out, but in the end if its the match I am thinking of - the winning wrestler would have had to completely abandoned his style and normal attack as a tie up and leverage guy to avoid the limb.  That cant happen either.  I dont think the person (hopefully a female) you are referring to in the stands understands the sport much by the way... just understands it as I fighting sport and yes gets a bit annoying and over the top nervous, but she also puts alot in , feeds and struggles through the year with the stress of the sport at home with state level wrestlers as well... 

Here is to the mothers !

No the relative was Male and very vocal.  He even received a comment from the

opponents coach during the match.  I enjoyed watching many mothers shaking

in their seats.  Received a couple hugs as well after their kids match.   

I agree -------  Here's to the mothers !

You all is funny...  I wrestled injured plenty and tweaked and banged, but never torn going into a tourney.  My thought (and only my thought) is that may be a bit of a different ballgame, no judgement here, the doctors, parents and coaches I am sure examined issue carefully and are protective.  Just new to me at the high school level.  But alot is new to me these days not just on the mat... lol

You must be talking about the Hernandez/Maxwell match..... I am pretty sure that they are heated rivals and do remember how the match went last time.... Each of them were going at each other pretty hard and the referees had to keep a close eye on them.... Hernandez won the match and was called at the very end for cross facing Maxwell from behind which bowed Maxwell backwards as Hernandez sat on him.... Very heated match so I can only think that the next match-up being heated as well would be a given! Both kids are pretty good and had a good run at placement. Last I saw, neither placed! Maybe they should have saved a little for the next match??? Who knows... Maybe they will be in the same weight next year and swap out wins till State again.... makes for great Matches!