Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

Well actually the year before Keith took over the team's record was 12-3 and Keith Hodge's first year as head coach the team's record was 12-2. In his 2nd year which was last year the team did go 7-4. The last team from Dresden that won the outright region was the 1998 team.

Lol,  the Hodge brothers didn't go to a school that was winning already and just win a couple of extra games than the coach's before them.  They had to build from the ground up.  The Hodge brother's in 2011 went on the road 4 straight weeks (@ McKenzie, @ Humboldt, @ Westwood, @ Adamsville) in the playoffs to get to Cookeville.  Find me another team that can say that in your list...not happening.  They have beaten Westview which is a school 3 times the size of Dresden 2 of the last 3 years.  They have beaten Union City 2 out of the last 3 years.  They have beaten Trenton every time they have played them.  They have a winning record against McKenzie which hasn't been the same team since they beat them @ McKenzie in the playoffs in 2011.  What have you done for me lately can't simply be based on one season.  If that was the case then Nick Saban should be fired at Alabama after this past fall.

Since the Hodge brothers have been involved with our program Dresden is competitive year in and year out. We are no longer anyone's Homecoming game sure thing. The players now believe they can compete for wins every Friday night. Chad has been one of the primary architects of team motivation and player success. Chad made that commitment to their success as a non-salary volunteer coach after already working full days at his teaching position and drove for thirty extra minutes to prepare them. There has been no "step back". In fact, Keith and Chad are probably responsible for developing more All State athletes in the past four years than all of the years before that combined. The last three quarterbacks were all three First Team All State. The current quarterback is on track to be next one for years to come. Receivers, backs, line, DB's, and special teams, same development. Middle School athletes are actually excited to come play for them. That is the recent history of Dresden's Football program. I will just say a huge thank you to both Keith, Chad, and their fellow coaches on staff. Chad is a proven entity that we have all watched be instrumental in building this program from the ground up.

By the way, putting Coalfield on your little list is a complete waste of time. They play a schedule that Huntingdon's middle school could go 10-0 with and they might play 1 good team in the playoffs each year and always lose that game.

But under your qualifications they compete every year.

pac12, it truly surprises me then that you would show the Hodge brothers such disrespect. "Who had heard of the Hodge brothers before they came to Dresden?" Being from Dresden, as you say you are, I would assume that you would know how unsuccessful the team was prior to their arrival. Yet you make it sound like they got lucky to receive the opportunity to even step foot in the town. Before they got there, Dresden was cutting their pregame warmups short 7 out of 10 games due to being the other team's homecoming. Why don't you call all the schools they have played in the last 4 years and ask them how many times they have scheduled Dresden as their homecoming game. And while you are at it do a little research and try to find me any 4 years, let alone in a row, where Dresden won as many games as they have the last 4. List another year they have went to the title game and followed it by going back to the semifinals. And you know why there wasn't a long list of applicants for the job before the Hodge brothers got to Dresden...it wasn't because Dresden was losing...it was because most coaches don't want to put in the time and effort it takes to turn a program around and build community support. Most "coat-tail" coaches want to come to a program that is already established and winning. They want to reap the benefits of the hard work of the prior coaches. I have known Keith and Chad for a long time. I remember their success as players at Bruceton. And both of them, especially Chad, had a ton of success coaching at another school before they came to Dresden. So the next time you get ready to show them the disrespect you did keep in mind all the time and efforts they put into the program to help get it where it is today. I may not be from Dresden, and may be a bit bias because I know their family, but I will defend two guys who deserve more respect than what you are showing them.

YOU THE MAN!

Lol, the Hodge brothers didn't go to a school that was winning already and just win a couple of extra games than the coach's before them. They had to build from the ground up. The Hodge brother's in 2011 went on the road 4 straight weeks (@ McKenzie, @ Humboldt, @ Westwood, @ Adamsville) in the playoffs to get to Cookeville. Find me another team that can say that in your list...not happening. They have beaten Westview which is a school 3 times the size of Dresden 2 of the last 3 years. They have beaten Union City 2 out of the last 3 years. They have beaten Trenton every time they have played them. They have a winning record against McKenzie which hasn't been the same team since they beat them @ McKenzie in the playoffs in 2011. What have you done for me lately can't simply be based on one season. If that was the case then Nick Saban should be fired at Alabama after this past fall.

Literally every post you've said makes the others look down right stupid. Football knowledge is harder to come by than I thought

It was just an observation that could be made. If an NCAA football team goes from a National Championship to just playing in a Conference Championship game to playing in a lower level bowl in three consecutive years that football team is seen as taking a step back.  The allusion can be made of Dresden. State Champions to losing in the semifinals to losing in the second round.  The comparison is true.  If Alabama loses national championship, then loses the SEC championship game the next year, then the following year they lose the Gildan New Mexico Bowl it is seen as a step back.  I am not questioning at all about the classes having winning seasons with them having the best record by a class.  I am just stating facts.  I like what the Hodge brothers have done for the program at Dresden.