Mt. Pleasant

cubs1

Maybe they haven't got anybody interested in the job.

Possible....But I'd hate to think that.

I understand the hiring process in that the school Ad. definitely wouldn't want a town hall like public voting or any big ordeal in the public getting involved in the hiring process, but in the least they should throw some of the names of prospects out there and consider public inputs/knowledge about the coaches by word of mouth or forums such as this.

The folks paying the bills at schools should in the least be able to get the info in the possible dealings/decisions of the Administration. Not just find out after the fact.

In other words, the public not be involved in the hiring process but at least be knowledgeable about it. No law against being opinionated about it.

I am sure there have been interest in the job.... But who are they?... A lot of folks wondering.

mTp supporters I talk with are very interested in who will be taking the reigns.

Just my opinion that it wouldn't hurt at all for the school Ad to throw some names out there and listen to what folks say publicly. The good, the bad, and the ugly of it. May just help them get a good one.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Dr Gunn have a say so with the Hire or just Webb?

I would think (guessing) that Gunn would be the ultimate say on the hire with Brown and Williams being the strongest advisers.

Be nice if the Columbia Daily Herald and MPHS would work more close on the matter and informed the public now and again as to the progress of the situation with possible applicants instead of just letting us know who they hired after the fact. And who all is involved in the hiring process, just as you asked.

Where is that Justin Lamb - (CDH) when you need him......?

Edited by Big Bigby

I would think (guessing) that Gunn would be the ultimate say on the hire with Brown and Williams being the strongest advisers.

Be nice if the Columbia Daily Herald and MPHS would work more close on the matter and informed the public now and again as to the progress of the situation with possible applicants instead of just letting us know who they hired after the fact. And who all is involved in the hiring process, just as you asked.

Where is that Justin Lamb - (CDH) when you need him......?

Hey BB......

Justin Lamb is not with the Herald anymore. He is no selling sports attire. It has been a hush hush and  no rumors on who may apply. OK WW I know you get on here shed some light lol

Hey BB......

Justin Lamb is not with the Herald anymore. He is no selling sports attire. It has been a hush hush and no rumors on who may apply.

Yeah, that was a dig at JL for moving on. He really stepped up the investigative coverage of MP sports right before he moved on and spoiled us a bit. CDH has lightened back up it appears in being involved in MPHS news..... No coverage at all on Hoath leaving and MP's search for a new Football Head Coach.

Yeah, that was a dig at JL for moving on. He really stepped up the investigative coverage of MP sports right before he moved on and spoiled us a bit. CDH has lightened back up it appears in being involved in MPHS news..... No coverage at all on Hoath leaving and MP's search for a new Football Head Coach.

MP should get some coverage..geesh..hope ya get a good one

The athletic director met with parents and team members last Thursday and explained the entire hiring process to them. He said that over 80 had applied for the job. They are supposed to be doing the interviews this week and hope to have a coach confirmed sometime next week. He said they cannot release any names but did say that they have had applicants from 7 different states. They are interviewing those who can teach in the positions they think may be available.

The athletic director met with parents and team members last Thursday and explained the entire hiring process to them. He said that over 80 had applied for the job. They are supposed to be doing the interviews this week and hope to have a coach confirmed sometime next week. He said they cannot release any names but did say that they have had applicants from 7 different states. They are interviewing those who can teach in the positions they think may be available.

Thanks for the bone of info threw out to us. If all true, it confirms most rumors I had been hearing but not confirmed.

It was nice for the MP-AD to address the students/parents who are sure to be concerned. ...It would be very nice if the MP-AD would meet with the Daily Herald and address the public at large that pays the bills that are no doubt concerned with MPHS administrative moves, so we do not have to listen to speculation and rumors.

Do not expect to know all the applicants names.... but would be nice to know the top (3) prospects when the field is narrowed before the hire; to have time to hear/read things about them.?.?

What is the teaching job that accompanies the Head Football Coach posistion.?.?

Who is involved in the hiring process.?.?

Does the teaching job take precedence/priority over the coaching job? In other words is more emphasis being placed on a good teacher or a good coach.?.?

Will the new Administration sacrifice a good coach for the better teacher.?.?

Why can't a teacher apply for the teaching job and a coach apply for the coaching job. Why is both intertwined.?.?

See?........ A lot of good questions I have heard raised in my discussions about mTp football talks that the school needs to address and explain.

A lot of administrative changes gone on at MPHS in the past few years from not only head coaching positions but all the way up to principal(s) that the public at large has not been addressed of here recently but rather have had to deal with the reality and complications of decisions made out of the public's control/knowledge.

Does any one even want to talk about who was going to be placed in charge of the baseball program when it was last vacant?.?.?..... The Rumor I heard of who was considered before the baseball coach MPHS has now had me shaking my head in disbelief all night after I was told who was considered before.....

The public has the right to know before hand, before the hire.....JMO.

Not placing blame on any individual. Let's be crystal clear about that. But I am blaming this process.