Mt. Pleasant

cubs1

Big Bigby,

Do you know the AD at MP? I heard he was a nice Christian man. Why don't you just ask him these questions? They are probably not giving names because some who have applied may not want their names mentioned. They may be still employed at another school. I know some players who go to MP that said there school for the last 3 years have been on a grant. So this means they will want someone who is a good teacher as well as Coach. As far as the committee is concerned, I would say principal, vice principal and AD are involved. When Coach Smith came to Zion a couple of years ago that is who interviewed him here. Boy, we hated to see him leave. About the process, I think it comes down to confidentiality of the coaches wanting the job. Did Bassham withdraw his name? If he did I'm surprised some of the players I know thought he would be a leading candidate.This is not the same principal that hired the last football coach is it? He's new right? The players I know really like the the AD? Is his name Williows? Bigby I understand your concern but I believe it will turn out fine for the Tigers, I hope I helped you be more positive anyway!

Good Luck!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zioneaglet55, appreciate the input though it is about the same thoughts on the matter I myself have had; rumors and speculations that I myself have heard others tell..... It's all just that though. Nothing specific and straight from the school.

I know Mr. Williams and know he's a fine fella.... But I do not contact nor try and put him nor any other school employee on the spot outside of their official capacity in asking questions about MPHS that may get them into trouble or fired by me asking and repeating it incorrectly causing trouble for that school employee...... Which is exactly why it is better for that school official to contact a reputable news source, conduct an interview and explain it to the public themselves and not me.... To inform the public in their official capacity within proper communicative outlets....Not by hearsay.

I am glad you showed interest in helping. I do appreciate it, but know that I am not being negative about the school or football team. I am very positive towards them both. I am, as it is very apparently showing, a little negative about this very quite, tight lipped, process..... Like I said in my last post.... I do not think all the applicants names should be divulged for public knowledge, true, but when it comes down to just 2-3 very possible hires the public should know of them and who they could've had. That helps the public in the knowledge whether or not school officials are making the best judgment on matters and hold them accountable whether if they should be making those decisions or not. MPHS is a 'Public School'.... Not a Private. The school Administrators work for the people and has to answer to the people and should do their best to inform the people.

Football is a big deal to a lot of folks. I know the school administrators know this.... Thus my perplexity in the quietness surrounding this whole deal.

Transparency.... Ever heard of it?

Heard a good guy from Columbia is interesting in it

Yeah I hope we get a good one too. Another speculation and rumor going around town is that it is going to be hard for the new Head Coach to fill his own staff with exactly who he wants. That the coaching assistants will all have to be school teachers/staff. Can't bring in any one outside the school. Rumor is that is why Hoath really left a little earlier than planned cause the school was making him do away with his previous assistants because they didn't work at the school.( again - total speculation and rumor)

All hearsay until the school officially addresses it all and the real reasons why Hoath exited. Like we have been discussing - nothing being reported by local papers officially on Hoath leaving nor the new hiring, so speculation and rumors abound.

I've stated my peace on the matter... I believe I will give it a rest. Gonna take more than me gripping to get the info out into the open.

Yeah I hope we get a good one too. Another speculation and rumor going around town is that it is going to be hard for the new Head Coach to fill his own staff with exactly who he wants. That the coaching assistants will all have to be school teachers/staff. Can't bring in any one outside the school. Rumor is that is why Hoath really left a little earlier than planned cause the school was making him do away with his previous assistants because they didn't work at the school.( again - total speculation and rumor)

All hearsay until the school officially addresses it all and the real reasons why Hoath exited. Like we have been discussing - nothing being reported by local papers officially on Hoath leaving nor the new hiring, so speculation and rumors abound.

I've stated my peace on the matter... I believe I will give it a rest. Gonna take more than me gripping to get the info out into the open.

thanks..you are a good supporter that loves MP

thanks..you are a good supporter that loves MP

Awe don't let me carrying on here on the T mislead ya.... I'd like to say thanks but there are others here in MP that deserves those accolades far more than I. Those like Mr. Williams(MP-AD) who has devoted their lives to ensuring the best programs possible for our kids and those involved with athletics in behind the scenes that paint the fields and work the concession stands, etc. that really make it all possible....... Those accolades are reserved for those folks. :thumb:

All I do is argue football on the T. ;)

Big Bigby ,

You must be a big fan and go to all those Tiger games. I'm sorry you do not have all the answers you need maybe you will get them soon. How good will the Tigers be next year? Do you think the new coach is walking into a good situation?

I like going to them, but don't make them all... Those I don't get to make, I listen to the games on the radio. I don't have answers for the last two questions, as due to what we have been discussing. No Real Clear Answers about mTp at the moment. Wished I could give them to ya, but uh ?.?.?..... Hopefully I will get to read about it all in the newspaper/news article and I'll pass it along then.