Class A Substate Matchups

GCPioneer

Meigs County (30-4) @ Cloudland (31-5)

North Greene (24-11) @ Grace Christian (21-9)

Jackson County (25-7) @ Van Buren County (23-8)

CSAS (15-13) @ Clarkrange (31-3)

Loretto (20-12) @ Community (25-4)

Houston County (30-2) @ Collinwood (23-9)

Middleton (28-4) @ Union City (33-0)

Dresden (26-6) @ JCS (25-8)

Thoughts and predictions on who makes it to Murfreesboro....

Meigs County (30-4) @ Cloudland (31-5)

North Greene (24-11) @ Grace Christian (21-9)

Jackson County (25-7) @ Van Buren County (23-8)

CSAS (15-13) @ Clarkrange (31-3)

Loretto (20-12) @ Community (25-4)

Houston County (30-2) @ Collinwood (23-9)

Middleton (28-4) @ Union City (33-0)

Dresden (26-6) @ JCS (25-8)

Thoughts and predictions on who makes it to Murfreesboro....

Cloudland

North Greene

Jackson Co.

Clarkrange

Community

Houston Co.

Union City

Dresden

No one beats Union City. The only way I see them getting beat is they run into refs who won't allow the physical style of play they use. The are strong and big and really use their size to their advantage. Then you add in three point shooting and they will have to have a bad night to not win it all.

Union City's run will end when they face one of the true powers in Class A out of Distict 7A. That's where the cupcake schedule they play year after year gets them beat.

You have to respect district 1.  We've sent some pretty good teams to the boro in the past few years.  Cloudland won the Christmas tournament with Meigs co. in it and beat the team that beat Meigs.  They have a good shot as well as North Greene.  The Huskies almost won the whole thing 3 or 4 years ago.

Union City's run will end when they face one of the true powers in Class A out of Distict 7A. That's where the cupcake schedule they play year after year gets them beat.

In Union City's defense, they have played a solid schedule for a 1A team. Paducah Tilghman is no joke... Tilghman beat AA Dyersburg earlier this year if that tells you anything. Union City also took care of Livingston and Westview... Both of whom are in AA substate. And they've knocked Gibson around in all of those games... They've beaten some quality teams with the Tilghman win being the most impressive. I do agree that it will be hard to beat Jackson Co. and Clarkrange on back to back games... It'll be interesting to see. First, they must defeat a very good Middleton team to get there. That game is not a definite win for Union City. They will have to show up and play a solid game to advance.

In Union City's defense, they have played a solid schedule for a 1A team. Paducah Tilghman is no joke... Tilghman beat AA Dyersburg earlier this year if that tells you anything. Union City also took care of Livingston and Westview... Both of whom are in AA substate. And they've knocked Gibson around in all of those games... They've beaten some quality teams with the Tilghman win being the most impressive. I do agree that it will be hard to beat Jackson Co. and Clarkrange on back to back games... It'll be interesting to see. First, they must defeat a very good Middleton team to get there. That game is not a definite win for Union City. They will have to show up and play a solid game to advance.

Would love to see the game between UC and Middleton. Both are good teams and good programs and it should be a good game. I don't see anyone beating UC at home in a substate game though so I'm going with UC by 11.

Would love to see the game between UC and Middleton. Both are good teams and good programs and it should be a good game. I don't see anyone beating UC at home in a substate game though so I'm going with UC by 11.

sounds about right. I think Middleton matches up with Union City well. They both flourish in half court sets... Both have some very good players at all positions. It'll be interesting. The Nettles versus Faulkner match up will be a fun one to watch. A big physical post in Nettles versus a quick bouncy post in Faulkner.... Should be a great game!