Cheatham County @ CPA: Class AA Sectional Battle

Point taken. I have played, coached, and officiated the game and understand the difficult nature of officiating basketball games. The game is very fast paced and many calls are judgment calls(block/charge especially) that are completely subjective and often dependent upon the angle the official views the play from. Officiating is a very difficult task and I realize that every time the whistle blows on a 50/50 call half of the people in the gym(assuming both teams are equally represented in the stands) are going to agree and the other half will disagree. Anyways, CPA was clearly the superior team and officiating did not affect the outcome of that game. I just didn't agree with a couple of the calls on Darden even though I was sitting behind the Cheatham bench area and all 3 block/charge calls occurred on the opposite end of the floor. And yes, having 18 years experience as an official does qualify your comments better than simply being a sportswriter even though I have seen some bad officials around for years(not implying that you are one of those as I have no idea who you are). Good luck to CPA next week at MTSU.

Hey I'm just having a little fun. Good luck to both teams next yr.

Well we all know that every official that works the state tournament is an expert! :popcorneater::lol:

I think every person that would be honest, even "expert" officials, would agree that block/charge calls can go either way and probably the wrong call is made at least half the time. I have had one official friend, with more than 18 years experience, tell me that "if you'll just call charge every time that you get it right 90% of the time." :wacko: That's how subjective that call is. The poster said officiating didn't affect the game but he didn't agree with a couple of the calls. Darden can be a little wreckless and no doubt he was trying to prove his worth against Blackwell, which is not smart, but what a confident player will likely do, especially one that is 17-18. They don't like to back down.

The fact that you, an expert official, said "I saw several more fouls on him that were passed on by the officials probably to keep him in the game" would admit that officials don't make calls on certain individuals to leave them in the game is a shame.

I think that goes to the other comment made by the poster about how few fouls were called against CPA. I have seen CPA several times. It appears to me that officials let them play way more physical than other teams and seem to be afraid to blow the whistle against them. Every time I have watched them they have had little to no fouls called on them whiile their opponent gets whistled for every touch.

They are a very good team, better than good, and they don't need that help but it is just reality. Really good players and teams don't get fouls called against them.

CPA will easily win another AA State championship. East might have a chance but really does not have an answer for Blackwell.

I personally don't find it hard to make the call. I definitely don't agree with his philosophy. Officials , in my opinion, that have a difficult time with it is because they are not officiating the defense. If you officiate the defense it's not difficult. Again, just my opinion. That's why fans have such a hard time because they are watching the ball handler and not the defensive guy. It's only natural to watch the ball. Good officials train themselves to referee the defense. Just an opinion from someone that's worked all levels other than Pro. Don't get me started on that.

snapback.png

Most of the frequent CPA posters hate to be proved wrong, especially when it's something negative about their precious AAU team. So they attack away...  ...In the meantime, they will continue to hide the facts that are pointed out, and attack the messengers. I was able to  prove my allegations about Lindsey's mom calling Blackwells, and suddenly plans have changed and he's going to CPA. And what happened, that post magically disappeared from facebook.

I agree that is the strategy, happens over and over again, but it does not change the truth, the truth stands on its own whether revealed or not. 

Oh I forgot to tell you I am an 18 yr active official and have worked several state tournaments ;). I guess you can say I have some expertise.

I doubt it! Just because you put the striped shirt on doesn't mean you are an expert and the fact you have called several state tournament games doesn't impress us at all. Officials shouldn't be on this board commenting anyway! Isn't that against your own rules?

Oh I forgot to tell you I am an 18 yr active official and have worked several state tournaments ;). I guess you can say I have some expertise.

No! I guess you can say, you all do a terrible job at the state tournament. I even said something to the Gene Mcneese character a few years ago. He could only gave excuses as to why the officiating was terrible.

But hey, after all this time, I am willing to start a clean slate and keep it simply to sport. We'll see... KRBKS

KRBKS, you were able to live up to this declaration you made above for about 3-4 weeks which was good. But I guess this thread got too hot and you had to chime in on non basketball/sport issues.

I challenge you to only comment on basketball X and O's and not address any off the court issues for Lent. I'll do the same if you do it.

It might be liberating for you?

What was the last 3-4 weeks of not commenting on Coach T like? We actually went about 2 weeks with no CPA bashing from anyone. But once others got

into bashing CPA and somebody replied in support of them that was your entry back in the game?